Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

2.4 wifi broadcasting even in bridge mode?

Highlighted
Contributor

2.4 wifi broadcasting even in bridge mode?

I have my X3 bridge mode. 2.4 and 5 wifi show as inactive, yet 2.4 is showing as an available SSID on my devices.

Unable to connect to it, but curious as to why it's showing up , when the X3 is in bridge mode.

Connection Expert

Re: 2.4 wifi broadcasting even in bridge mode?

Are you sure that it is your's and not a neighbor's ? Unplug your gateway and see if it disappears.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

100% sure it's mine. Happened again. First time I had to disable/ enable Bridge mode. Gain this morninug , noticed 2.4 shows again as Active.

Toggled bridge mode off / on and 2.4 now shows inactive again. Not sure how long it'll last this time.

Regular Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  I thought I was crazy at first, but then did a factory reset and setup the gateway (DPC3941t) in bridge mode again.

All was fine for about 1 day, now it's broadcast the SSID again. And http://10.0.0.1/at_a_glance.php shows Wi-Fi as active.

If i try to connect to the SSID, it connects, but doesn't give me an IP.

I discovered the problem when 1 of my wireless devices stopped connecting to the Internet.  I scanned for SSIDs and found an extra being broadcast.  I originally had the SSID in the Gateway set to the same name as what my router was broadcasting and because the gateway wasn't giving out IPs, the wireless device couldn't connect.  After the factory reset, I used a different SSID just in case the gateway started broadcasting again.

Contributor

I had enough of dealing with the Comcast gateway. Purchased a Netgear CM600.

New Poster

gdio53

Same exact issue here.  I can't figure it out!  I have tried everything.  Have you found a resolution?

Contributor

That model has been giving me issues since day one. I’ve had the whole thing replaced and it still does these kinds of things. The WiFi lights blink when it’s disabled, and sometimes the WiFi broadcasts even though it’s in bridge mode. Someone needs to get them to fix this! A simple software update would fix it.
New Poster

I'm on my second modem that's doing this in bridge mode, broadcasting (in my case) ONLY 2.4GHz, both wifi lights blinking repeatedly, the 5GHz status light blinking at a slightly faster pace than the 2.4GHz light. I have done factory resets and disabled/enabled bridge mode but eventually it will start broadcasting the 2.4 channel again without anything changing or being touched, and the modem's homepage indicates that wifi and bridge mode are both enabled (??). Can authenticate to the 2.4 network but will not draw an IP address, even though DHCP (on the modem) also reports that it's enabled. Even after an APIPA it won't pass internet traffic. Also, simply connecting to the modem's login page took nearly a full 45 seconds and other times only a couple seconds. This set of symptoms has coincided with "scheduled" maintenance a few times in a row, 4 I think. Always at night after 1am, which is when Comcast does their non-emergent maintenance. Rebooting the modem does not resolve or alter symptoms, neither does a factory reset. This modem blows!!
IMG_0645.PNG