Posted by
Edited on
‎05-12-2010 06:58 PM

Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 4 (4,342 Views)

remote code for Olevia TVs

[ Edited ]

The customer service guy i talked to on the phone just could not wrap his head around my problem. All he could do is repeat himself. so now i ask the community for any insight. why does the small DTA remote accept code 11610, but the larger universal remote does not. i need code 11610 to operate my Olevia TV. Can the remote be reprogrammed with 11610 coding?

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Edited on
‎10-03-2015 06:07 PM

Silver Problem Solver

Message 1 of 4 (485 Views)

Re: remote code for Olevia TVs

[ Edited ]

wcnich wrote:

The customer service guy i talked to on the phone just could not wrap his head around my problem. All he could do is repeat himself. so now i ask the community for any insight. why does the small DTA remote accept code 11610, but the larger universal remote does not. i need code 11610 to operate my Olevia TV. Can the remote be reprogrammed with 11610 coding?

I realize this topic is from 2010, but to answer the question for anyone else that wants to know, different remotes use different codes. When this topic was made back in 2010 there were still a lot of big silver remotes with a grey OK/Select button in circulation, which I am betting the original poster had, which only take 4 digit codes, whereas the Red OK/Select button remotes, XR series remotes, and DTA remotes use 5 digit codes. The original poster would just need to find a 4 digit code for thier grey OK/Select button remote that works, or get a new remote that takes 5 digit codes. The Grey OK/Select button remote are almost completely out of circulation now, so any new remote issued would likely be a red OK/Select button remote, or an XR series remote.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 4 (501 Views)

Thank you. Code worked Olevia TV.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4 (1,218 Views)

That code 11610 worked well for me. Note that this # was not provided at all with the cheat sheet given by Xfinity!