that is a common problem for sylvania tv's as they don't release the codes for them.
That tv is acutally the same as Sylvania, Magnavox, Emerson, Symphonic and Phillips. so go through all those codes and see if any work. It is a common problem for that tv to not have codes. stick with common names such as panasonic, samsung, lg and you wont have problems like this. You pay more but you get what you pay for.
For all those people who are having problems with programing comcast or any other universal remote i have your answer.I contacted sylvania today myself.I was informed that if you have the remote for tv you will have to use that remote to turn on and off tv,as well as volume controls.If you dont you will have to contact there parts department to order the correct remote for your tv.
I've put up with using two remotes for a modern TV and modern cable service sincxe January 2011. I decided today to try it yet again. I re-checked the Comcast web site for new codes, and wrote down 14 codes listed for Sylvania TVs. None of them worked. My model is LC225SL9.
Hello, I too had the same issue with programming my remote! I tried it several times and made several calls to Sylvania with no avail! I did myself figure out how to program the remote finally! Here is what I did! I followed the "Find Code" instructions.( hold the set button till the light blinks twice, entered code 991and then proceeded to press CH+ button! I pressed the CH+ button 147 times before I got a response! I have since even retried that sequence and it worked again!! So be patient and keep pressing the channel up button and it will work. I programmed a different remote to a different TV and had to press the CH+ button 186 times before It worked! Hope this helps. Its like the ole saying "patience is a virtue"
My 2008 Sylvania LCD flat screen TV, Model LC225SL9, is manufactured by Funai. I tried 10 codes listed for both brand names on the paper Comcast instructions and on the Comcast website. The codes for Funai and Sylvania are 10171, 10000, 10180, 11271, 11963, 10054, 10187, 10030, 11314 and 10587. Try them before proceeding below with "Can't Find Your Code" instructions to program the remote.
Start with cable box and TV on. If you just fiddled with remote code programming, turn off cable box and TV and turn them back on.
On the Comcast remote (not your TV remote)
1) Press and release TV button.
2) Press and hold SETUP button. TV button will flash once, than after a short pause, flash twice. Release SETUP button.
3) On the CHANNEL KEYS, enter 9-9-1. The TV button will flash each time you press a number, and will flash TWICE after you press the last "1" digit.
4) The next instruction says "Press 1 and the TV button will flash twice." For me, it only flashed once. Do you press and HOLD or press and RELEASE? I tried both and the TV button only flashed ONCE. I tried holding it for a few seconds. The TV button never flashed twice but I believe pressing and holding the "1" key a fews seconds made the difference.
5) Press and release the POWER button once.
6) Slowly, begin pressing and releasing the + (top edge) of the CHANNEL+/- BUTTON until the TV turns off. Each press should blink the TV button, not the CABLE button. If the TV channels change as you click, start over at step 1. Go slowly so you can tell when the TV turns off. It might take dozens of clicks. When TV turns off, STOP clicking the CHANNEL+ key.
7) Press and release the SETUP key to lock the code. Now, try VOLUME or POWER to see if the Comcast remote controls the TV. If not, start over. I did, until it worked.
For those of you that have a sylvania tv and an xr2 remote and the remote will do everything but turn the tv on-try this. point the remote away from the cable box and try turning it on. i know this sounds weird and the tech that was there working on my system thought so too-he knew that sylvania tv had a known problem but he never saw this. i just point it at the opposite wall(w/o being between the remote/cable box) and it works. in fact it works on 2 tv's in 2 different rooms with the same results. thought for sure i was going to be stuck with using 2 remotes until i accidently found this-took a while to figure out what exactly i did after the 1st time--accidently hit the on button while moving the remote and all of a sudden the tv is on.
I have a 32 inch Sylvania, and I tried to program my Comcast / xfinity remote using the codes provided but did not work. So I tried what JDANKERT, recommended and it WORKED OMG IT REALLY WORKED, TOOK ME FOUR TRYS BUT IT WORKS, my volume and power is now all controlled by one remote. Thanks for cracking the code it helped me two years after your post, worth all the effort. Also HELOCAPTAIN RECOMMENDED POINTING REMOTE AWAY, so I did point to ceiling and it powers off my tv weird but works.
Thank you for the great idea! I had to try it twice, the first time I hit the channel up button 300 times with no luck. I decided to give it one more shot, and restarted the programming sequence, and it only took about 50 channel up presses! I am so excited to only have to use one remote!!