Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity X1 HD DVR Box HDMI Inputs

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 5 of 5 (14,502 Views)

Xfinity X1 HD DVR Box HDMI Inputs

I have the model PX001ANC HD DVR box.  Ont the back, it has two HDMI in ports labeled HDMI Input 1 and 2.  I assumed that these ports would act like an HDMI switch that would allow you to connect other HDMI capable devices, such as a DVD player or laptop computer, through the box and out to the TV via the single HDMI output.  When I connected my Blu-Ray DVD player to the HDMI Input 1 port and turned the cable box on, and on-screen message was displayed that read: "A new device has been connected. Would you like to enjoy this device? Yes (default) or No.  When I pressed the OK button on the remote to select Yes (which was highlighted) nothing happened.  After some time the message went away and I could not figure out how to get it back or to select the other inputs.  Does anyone know the answer to this or where I can find an in-depth users manual?

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1 of 5 (14,111 Views)

Re: Xfinity X1 HD DVR Box HDMI Inputs

LOL. I hear you Rog.  Tech support lied to me about sending the manual for the box as well!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 5 (14,420 Views)

jimiddleton wrote:

Well Rog, it was smart enough to know that a device had been connected to it; so that leads me to believe that the port is enabled.  Whether there are any further "smarts" beyond that is yet to be discovered.

It might be "smart" enough to detect a connection, but not to do anything with it (or essentially anything that actually would do something with it is disabled).

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 5 (14,437 Views)

Well Rog, it was smart enough to know that a device had been connected to it; so that leads me to believe that the port is enabled.  Whether there are any further "smarts" beyond that is yet to be discovered.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 4 of 5 (14,482 Views)

the inputs on comcast boxes are usually disabled I do not believe they are enabled on the x1 either