online now

discussions

X1 - DVR

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1301 of 1,931 (3,227 Views)

Re: X1 - DVR

Was just an observation, I know it's minor.
But my point is that the guide shows these old episodes as new. Used to happen sometimes with the prior guide software.
Usually, by the day of the schedule, the 'new' status would disappear .
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1302 of 1,931 (3,229 Views)

IanGH wrote:
I recently upgraded to X1 with one main DVR and 3 anyroom DVRs. I can't access the DVR portion from any of the anyroom DVRs. I tried calling Comcast multiple times and no one could answer why the anyroom DVRs didn't actually have the recorded shows available. I called the installer directly and they told me this would be updated in a firmware update, yet when I ordered the upgrade (which I've already paid for), no one mentioned this. Does anyone know if anyroom DVR is actually available in the Baltimore area?

pasted below is an earlier response from the moderator of this forum:

Brandon - your account needs to be provisioned for anyroom dvr. Without this feature added to your account, you will not see the DVR option on your HD box. For immediate assistance, please contact the X1 support line at 1-877-896-8678. The CARE rep will be able to confirm if you have it on your account, and if not, will walk you through the process. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1303 of 1,931 (3,231 Views)

ghoofie wrote:
Have noticed with the new guide on x1, my series setup of Mythbusters, new episodes only, has several episodes scheduled to record. These are not really new, I'm sure. But the guide for each episode info clearly shows NEW. Somewhere the info is feeding the guide wrong. The episodes are on Discovery Channel.

i am fairly sure that all dvr's use the guide's new or repeat status to determine whether to record or not (that is if it is not a duplicate).  also usually if it does not state new or repeat in the guide info, it will usually record that episode too.  this is all you are worried about with the x1???

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1304 of 1,931 (3,240 Views)

Have noticed with the new guide on x1, my series setup of Mythbusters, new episodes only, has several episodes scheduled to record. These are not really new, I'm sure. But the guide for each episode info clearly shows NEW. Somewhere the info is feeding the guide wrong. The episodes are on Discovery Channel.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1305 of 1,931 (3,264 Views)

Not sure if it's available there but double check that you're paying for it, if you go into apps check the weather app and see if it's your city, don't let installer tell you about firmware updates, the dvr and on demand should all work after a couple of device restarts.
Posted by
Contributor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1306 of 1,931 (3,267 Views)

I've had the X1 platform for about two weeks in Harford County, and with the exception of the issues everyone discusses (no day advance, no native resolution pass through, no real favorites lists, etc., plus no on screen caller ID here) it is working as it should, and has great search features and 5 tuners at this time.
Did the installer check your signal strength?
Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 1307 of 1,931 (3,272 Views)

I recently upgraded to X1 with one main DVR and 3 anyroom DVRs. I can't access the DVR portion from any of the anyroom DVRs. I tried calling Comcast multiple times and no one could answer why the anyroom DVRs didn't actually have the recorded shows available. I called the installer directly and they told me this would be updated in a firmware update, yet when I ordered the upgrade (which I've already paid for), no one mentioned this. Does anyone know if anyroom DVR is actually available in the Baltimore area?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1308 of 1,931 (3,302 Views)

Re: X1 - DVR - No Caller ID

Regarding your list of usual concerns - wish I had seen it before I spent 5 hours of my useless life searching for solutions for some of the items on your list.  The X1 Forum should post a list of known problems and major concerns.  As we use to say at NASA, the only problems we have are the ones we don't know about.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1309 of 1,931 (3,327 Views)

I'm not able to record on any of my X1 boxes
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1310 of 1,931 (3,396 Views)

Re: X1 Anyroom DVR South of Boston

i can tell you I am south of Boston as well and I am having the any room DVR boxes installed in the bedroom's today.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1311 of 1,931 (3,439 Views)

Re: X1 - DVR Doesn't Show programs it won't record

Sorry meant to type to the person quoting you. I fixed my post.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1312 of 1,931 (3,453 Views)

acheck981 wrote:
Sammsterling - which is all good, but this unfortunately doesn't work for movies that are on demand. If you search for let's say " Ted", it only brings up that it is available on demand and does not give you the option to find when it's playing.

In past versions of this platform, you could press the A button to change your filters however that is no longer the case.

i do not believe i commented on this thread or definitely not part of the above excerpt from something.  i do not search for anything, hardly ever.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1313 of 1,931 (3,481 Views)

Noomi
If your box shows the wrong city, it won't matter how many hits are sent, it will never work properly and will need to be swapped out
Posted by
Edited on
‎07-22-2013 11:16 AM

Regular Contributor

Message 1314 of 1,931 (3,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
Screenname137 - which is all good, but this unfortunately doesn't work for movies that are on demand. If you search for let's say " Ted", it only brings up that it is available on demand and does not give you the option to find when it's playing.

In past versions of this platform, you could press the A button to change your filters however that is no longer the case.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1315 of 1,931 (3,505 Views)

I just had the x1 boxes installed, upgraded from the motorola anyroom dvr boxes I had previously.

I have one main DVR, and two companion boxes. So far the service is good, but I am having an issue with one of the companion boxes... The anyroom DVR I have in the bedroom is not able to access DVR features, there is no DVR button when you go to the menu, I've also noticed that the weather app on this box shows a different town than the one I am in. The other anyroom DVR box I have works fine, and the main one is working good as well.

I had called comcast support last night, and they had me powercycle the boxes, and re-sent signals but it did not work. I was told to wait 72 hours, they had to have someone go over thousands of lines of code to figure out why it's not working...

I remember when the tech was at my house, he mentioned changing the bedroom anyroom dvr from outlet 4 to outlet 5, not sure what that means. He also said, at first he attached the box to a different account by mistake... I assume that it why the box does not work, and also shows the wrong town in the weather app. Not sure where to go from here...

Posted by
Regular Contributor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 1316 of 1,931 (3,506 Views)

C_DM wrote:

tommysss wrote:

I have a strange issue, Since you can't turn off the X1 STB with the remote and since I have the X1 going through a Yamaha AVR and when I to go to bed I need turn off the AVR, if I don't, the audio still comes through the AVR because the X1 is still on. But when I turn my AVR on, I get no sound from the X1 STB. I need to unplug and plug in STB to get it to work again.

Is the STB on otherwise--you get the video on TV and can use it (like bring up the guide, change channels, etc.)?

I have a similar issue when I power on the TV, my Yamaha receiver automatically powers on; however, I do not get any sound when it is powered on.  I have to power off the receiver and power it on again in order to get sound out of the X1 DVR.  It's as if there is a handshake issue or something and the DVR does not recognize the receiver.  It's kind of a pain, and I do not like having to power my receiver off and on repeatedly.  None of my other devices have this issue; only the X1 DVR.

Posted by
Edited on
‎07-21-2013 02:03 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 1317 of 1,931 (3,647 Views)

[ Edited ]

sammsterling wrote:

acheck981 wrote:
You're not going to get a clear answer. I've been asking about this since December along with moving forward in the guide by day.

The blanket answer is always the same and never with any sort of ETA.

these are 2 basic functions that every dvr this company has offered before have.  really, what do you do when you first get the darn thing to program all your series recordings?  would take me forever.  very sad.  as a comcast customer who is thinking about this new platform, it would be nice if they addressed this issue here.  its like whoever designed this thing never saw a dvr work before in their life.  they made it go from 3/1 tuners (sort of) to 4/1 tuners with an update, but they cant program a next/prev day function in the guide or report recording conflicts???  

is there an answer to this Kara?  thank you in advance.

What we did when we first got ours was...well first, before we got them, we printing a list from the WEB interface of all our current scheduled recordings and priorities as well as shows that had been recorded. 

Then, when the new boxes arrived, we went down the list adding the series recordings back - using the SEARCH function was the easy way to do this.  Search works incredibly well (type in a few numbers from the remote and voila!) and that's good since the guide is not so handy for this type thing.

A few series that were so far away, like Franklin and Bash could not be found so we hung onto the list and added those later in the season.

For the shows already recorded on our old box, we took that list and noted what could be watched OnDemand or On-line, and those that couldn't we tried to before the box swap.

That all went smoothly.  In fact, that is probably one of the least difficult things about switching over to the X1...which would be pretty nice if there were not so many glitchy bugs and if the DVR playback worked even when the cable is down.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1318 of 1,931 (3,654 Views)

Thank you very muchThat is a great tip that I'm sure will help 95% of the people out there, but unfortunately those of us in the old SA/Cisco areas appear to be stuck. I even turned that setting off, then back on, rebooted, but to no avail.  I'm trying Comcast again, hoping that they are at least now aware of this.

Thanks again for a good try!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1319 of 1,931 (3,714 Views)

Caller ID problem. You need to go into www.xfinity.com/X1 select box that says already have it, drop down box will appear click on settings, you will see a prompt to turn on Caller ID. It took me 5 days before a tech person told me about this, the tech that did my install didn't know about it.

Good Luck!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1320 of 1,931 (3,758 Views)

We have had the X1 Platform for about a week now in zip 21078, which is an SA/Cisco area. So far we've had the usual concerns (no day advance, no direct input/multiple favorite list access, no native resolution pass through, low sound output through the optical lead, no input button on the remote, slow response at times, already "small" 500 gb drive, only one buffer, etc.) but we haven't been able to get an answer about Universal on screen caller ID. This was not available for the SA/Cisco platform, but we understood that it would work with the X1. So far, it does not work. All settings are correct. We've heard that it is working in some Cisco areas. What's the scoop? Do we have this feature now with the X1 or not?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1321 of 1,931 (3,809 Views)

Thanks for the response. One more question. Can you program your X1 DVR remotely using the smartphone app?

Yes and that app also has voice control
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1322 of 1,931 (3,814 Views)

Re Facebook.... I looked into this tonight and as if 6pm central it's a nationwide issue with no known eta for a fix
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 1323 of 1,931 (3,815 Views)

Thanks for the response.  One more question.  Can you program your X1 DVR remotely using the smartphone app?

Thanks

John

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1324 of 1,931 (3,821 Views)

Options
‎07-20-2013 06:52 PM

I am getting the X1 Service installed on Tuesday and I'm very excited. I'm in Manassas, VA Zip Code 20109. Just have a few questions so I can be prepared.

1. Does the X1 support an eSata External Drive. Currently have one on my current DVR
2. How many simultaneous recordings can I have?
3. Besides the HDMI out on the back of the X1 box, does it also have Composite cables? ( I use a slingbox)
4. Don't know if anyone can answer this but here it goes, I currently use a Logitech Harmony 700 All in One remote. Will I still be able to use that on the X1 DVR?
5. What is the total storage capacity of the X1 DVR?

Thanks in Advance
John

------------------------------------------------

1. No, as far as I know.
2. 4
3. 1 HDMI, 1 Component, 1 Composite, 1 Optical output
4. It will work. I have a Harmony One and it works fine. Plus, the X1 was recently added to the Harmony device database so setup should be a snap.
5. 500GB

Enjoy!
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1325 of 1,931 (3,830 Views)

I am getting the X1 Service installed on Tuesday and I'm very excited.  I'm in Manassas, VA Zip Code 20109.  Just have a few questions so I can be prepared.

1. Does the X1 support an eSata External Drive. Currently have one on my current DVR

2. How many simultaneous recordings can I have?

3. Besides the HDMI out on the back of the X1 box, does it also have Composite cables? ( I use a slingbox)

4. Don't know if anyone can answer this but here it goes, I currently use a Logitech Harmony 700 All in One remote. Will I still be able to use that on the X1 DVR?

5. What is the total storage capacity of the X1 DVR?

Thanks in Advance

John

Posted by
Regular Visitor
Message 1326 of 1,931 (3,857 Views)

Same with me.  It worked when I first got X1 service, then it would load but without any images, now it doesn't work at all.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 1327 of 1,931 (3,861 Views)

I recently got an X1 box. One issue that I've been having is that the Facebook app refuses to work. I've registered the app with my FB account on the X1 preferences website, and my account shows up on the X1 Facebook login screen, but when I try to log in, after entering my PIN, I get the big blue Facebook splash screen with the spinning pinwheel, and it never gets past this point. It will sit at this screen indefinitely until I hit exit. Any suggestions?

__Jason

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 1328 of 1,931 (3,851 Views)

ComcastKaraT wrote:

raybot28 wrote:

Is X2 a different box or just an upgraded interface?  That is, will the X2 interface be provided on the X1 boxes as an update?

X2 is the upgraded interface, supported by the X1 platform boxes. 

Are there any screenshots of the X2 interface on the Internet?

______
Robert, an X1 System user
Google is your friend
http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/x1/
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1329 of 1,931 (3,896 Views)

raybot29 wrote:

We've had the same problem with "stuttering" on the AnyRoom DVR.  It's intermittent. Sometimes it works perfectly.  We haven't been able to pin down the reasons for it.

We have no problem with volume.

As for the Erase function, it's the only function that must be performed on the actual DVR - Delete works across the AnyRoom, but Erase only works on the specific DVR where the program was originally recorded.

re: stuttering, if you mean that the video playback sometimes gets choppy, I've seen that too. It happens once in a while when playing something off my DVR. I just Exit out to stop playback and then can immediately resume playing, and that has always cleared up the stuttering--video is smooth. 

re: Erase, you really shouldn't need to. I know the software if full of weird bugs, but unless you see the percent full getting crazy high when you don't have too many shows in your Recorded list, I would leave the Deleted list alone and let the DVR clean those out for you. It has worked reliably for me that past several months. I know your experiences may be different... 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1330 of 1,931 (3,928 Views)

Can anyone provide some guidance on my problem? On the TNT network(may be others as well) they will run the same episode of a show 3-4 times in the course of a week,e.g., Major Crimes, Franklin&Bash, Perception. When I set up a series recording and select first run episodes, on this channel only, in HD only and indicate the first time the show airs(Major Crimes-Monday-9-10PM) the dvr automatically schedules to record the same episodes all of the other times it airs that same week!

I have spoken to the X1 group, they have no clue how to overide this, they wrote up a ticket for the Maintenance team, still waiting 4 days and no response from them. I have to go into the DVR schedule a couple of times a week and manually delete the unnecessary scheduled recordings.

Would appreciate some feedback on this from somebody! Thanks.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1331 of 1,931 (3,998 Views)

acheck981 wrote:
You're not going to get a clear answer. I've been asking about this since December along with moving forward in the guide by day.

these are 2 basic functions that every dvr this company has offered before have.  really, what do you do when you first get the darn thing to program all your series recordings?  would take me forever.  very sad.  as a comcast customer who is thinking about this new platform, it would be nice if they addressed this issue here.  its like whoever designed this thing never saw a dvr work before in their life.  they made it go from 3/1 tuners (sort of) to 4/1 tuners with an update, but they cant program a next/prev day function in the guide or report recording conflicts???  

is there an answer to this Kara?  thank you in advance.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1332 of 1,931 (7,973 Views)

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1333 of 1,931 (6,935 Views)

Kara - Is there any plan to allow the DVR to show you programs that won't be recorded due to existing conflicts?

That was a key feature for me on the Motorola DVR as it allowed me to go in and manually find another alternate showing of a program that I wanted to record. 

For instance right now, there are 5 shows I record that air at the same time on Monday nights. It shows the 4 with the highest priority on the "scheduled" menu but doesn't mention the 5th at all unless I go to cancel one of the originl 4 recordings, in which case the 5th slides into the cancelled program's slot. Is there an option for this that i'm just not seeing? 

Posted by
Regular Contributor
  • On your way! Congrats on Posting 10 topics!

Message 1334 of 1,931 (6,962 Views)

I was told that in the Boston area, X1 will very soon be available to all customers (not just Triple Play). Does anyone know when this will be?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1335 of 1,931 (6,976 Views)

darata12 wrote:

I am hoping to get some feedback here from anyone who has seen this before.  i recently had a 2nd X1 box put in my home.  I won't even get into the discussion of why, but it did.  The anyroom feature seems to be working, but i am having 3 issues:

1)  the volume on the TV needs to be up extremely high in order to hear it.  on my old DVR, at volume 20 it was fine.  this one i have to have it around 50.  any idea why?

2)  shows that have recorded on the downstairs DVR when playing them back upstairs the sound stutters and comes in and out.  when iwatch it downstairs, the sound is fine.  I have not tried the opposite yet but i will.

3)  shows that have recorded upsatirs and been deleted will not permanently erase when i go through it and tell it to remove them.  i have tried on both boxes and it will not work.  shows that receord on my downstairs box will delete and remove no problem.  

if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

darata12 - I will send you a PM with your issues. I'd like to escalate them to our internal support team. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1336 of 1,931 (6,978 Views)

phillyaj wrote:

I am a current X1 customer in the Southern NJ/ Philadelphia area (Zip=08081).   I have 2 X1 DVRs in my house, plus 2 Standard X1 boxes.    A few Questions:  a)  Is Whole House DVR service available yet in my area?    and b)  I noticed there was a DVR app from Comcast Labs that looks like it provides the capability to stream DVR content from my account / cloud to my mobile device.    Is this service available to me...either as a customer or a beta tester?    

Thank you and keep up the good work.  So far, I really enjoy the X1 service and look forward to more enhancements and improvements.

Thanks

Andy

Thanks, Andy, for your questions. 

1. Yes, whole home should be available in your market. You will need to add the feature to your account. Please contact 1-800-XFINITY to confirm availability and pricing

2. Cloud functionality (including mobile devices) is on the backlog as a possible enhancement in the future and not available to customers (beta or regular).

Stay tuned for more!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1337 of 1,931 (6,986 Views)

raybot28 wrote:

Is X2 a different box or just an upgraded interface?  That is, will the X2 interface be provided on the X1 boxes as an update?

X2 is the upgraded interface, supported by the X1 platform boxes. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1338 of 1,931 (7,011 Views)

mooshipark wrote:

In my opinion, moving every X1 DVR issue into a single thread doesn't help anyone.  Doing so makes it impossible to follow any single issue without massive searching.

Combining the posts relating to a single issue (e.g. the RDK-03032 problem) makes some sense, but dumping every problem together in one big pile is just creating extra work for everyone.

Thanks for listening.

Thanks, mooshipark for your feedback. We are trying to determine the best way to manage the X1 information online. I will share your comments with the forum moderators. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1339 of 1,931 (7,013 Views)

Re: X1 DVR and HD boxes won't reload

andrew.lindsay wrote:
andrew.lindsay wrote:
So no Comcast moderator or anyone else ever have this problem? No one knows what "CASE" on the X1 display box stands for and what would casue all 4 of my boxes to not load???

The closest i've seen is CAST not case if it's happening to all 4 you need someone to go out
Hi andrew.lindsay - I am looking into the meaing of CAST on the cable box. I am not familiar with this error code... more to come! thanks for your patience.

Kara ...CAST isn't an error code it's what shows on the dvr when you first activate

Hi andrew.lindsary - CA:St represents the card initialization step of startup.  If your box is getting stuck there, try a reboot (unplug, wait for 15 seconds, and start up process will begin). If the box is stuck there again, please contact 1-800-XFINITY for troubleshooting.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 1340 of 1,931 (7,032 Views)

Re: Sports App

Golf, tennis, soccer and auto racing are all currently in season. There are more sports than just baseball, basketball, football and hockey.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1341 of 1,931 (7,036 Views)

When will the X1 setup be available in Warrenton VA 20187?  I am considering switching back to Comcast.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1342 of 1,931 (7,096 Views)

Re: Sports App

Are there any plans to add more sports to the sports app? It's kind of lame with just MLB.

Umm all the other sports are done their seasons
Posted by
Visitor

Message 1343 of 1,931 (7,121 Views)

Sports App

Are there any plans to add more sports to the sports app? It's kind of lame with just MLB.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1344 of 1,931 (7,124 Views)

tommysss wrote:

When in doubt unplug and plug

power or cable outlet?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 1345 of 1,931 (7,193 Views)

When in doubt unplug and plug

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1346 of 1,931 (7,204 Views)

thank you so much it worked

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1347 of 1,931 (7,215 Views)

ok thanks i'll try it

Posted by
Visitor
Message 1348 of 1,931 (7,217 Views)

It did for me

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 1349 of 1,931 (7,220 Views)

and that will work?

Posted by
Edited on
‎07-18-2013 07:23 PM

Visitor
Message 1350 of 1,931 (7,227 Views)

[ Edited ]

You have to unplug and plugin the box again to get it to work