online now

discussions

Remote Code for LG Sound Bar?

77 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
Message 1 of 78 (332 Views)

Re: Remote Code for LG Sound Bar?

Thanks. The link you gave helped me to hook up lg sound bar with voice remote.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 2 of 78 (778 Views)

Remote code for LG Soundbar NB2022A = 32676

used as Audio device on Xfinity X1 w/ XR11 voice remote. 

See codes here:

https://x1.comcast.net/webportal/assets/pdfs/RemotePairingGuide4.26.11.pdf

scroll to page 7

Posted by
Visitor
Message 3 of 78 (831 Views)

Thank you.
Posted by
Visitor
Message 4 of 78 (838 Views)

I recently upgraded my Comcast/Xfinity remote to a voice remote. Upon setup, I was successful in programming it to operate the cable box and the TV but not my LG NB3520A sound bar. After numerous phone calls and some internet searching, I found a code that worked with this particular sound bar. The code is 32676.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 5 of 78 (1,196 Views)

If you're an xfinity customer with an XR2 remote (look on the back) the code for LG is 11993
Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 6 of 78 (1,304 Views)

I don't know why it won't work with the X-1 remote. But the mute and volume buttons work just fine on the remote that came with my LG Sound Bar!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 78 (1,431 Views)

Just got a new voice remote.  Code 31953 works to pair the remote with my LG NB3530A for up/down volume.  The LG is already set up to turn itself on and off automatically.  Thanks, 123adip!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 78 (1,692 Views)

I do have the generic DVR though. I am supposed to get the X1 upgrade or whatever in the mail anyway now so I guess I will have to find another remote code or swap the remote in then. But my magic remote to my tv also controls everything too
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 9 of 78 (1,800 Views)

I went to my local Comcast office and swapped all 5 of my XR2 remotes for XR5 V4 remotes - no charge, no wait, no hassle.  They're illuminated, have an input button and work great.

I'm in Eastern Mass.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 78 (1,810 Views)

31293 worked for me and I have LG 55" TV with LG sound bar listed on thread title and it works on my gray remote with red button and I just got comcast cable yesterday 5/1/15
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 11 of 78 (1,960 Views)

Glad to here that !!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 78 (1,964 Views)

Just went to the Comcast store and swapped my Xfinity XR2 remote with the Xfinity XR5 v4 remote. 123adip's code 31953 works with my LG sound bar. FINALLY!!! Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 13 of 78 (2,104 Views)

31953 XR5 v4

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-22-2015 05:22 AM

Visitor
Message 14 of 78 (2,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
What's more frustrating is that I went to my local Comcast office, waited in line, for over an hour, got to the counter and was told I could order the XR5 mentioned above and that no Comcast center keeps them on hand. Frustrated, I looked into ordering one and they want me to pay for it. This isn't a vanity thing, idiots-- it's function. After what I pay for in services ($250/month) you should be showering me in your equipment-- if anyone from Comcast pays attention here, feel free to mail me a FREE ONE. $&@!?#%
Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 78 (2,428 Views)

I have the same issue as JeremyMorel and he's been trying to get an answer for nearly a year and a half!  The exception is I have an LG NBN36 280 watt sound bar and LG LB7200 TV.  These are updated units and I still can't use my ComCast remote for the Xfinity X1 system to control the LG sound bar.  I have a XR2 version P2 silver and black remote with the black Xfinity button with red letters.  I called LG and they said Comcast has to give me the number that works with their remote.  I called Comcast and they said LG has not listed (released) the codes to any cable or satellite provider (indeed none listed on their web-site) and suggested I call LG.  I did and LG admitted the codes have not been released.  I suggested that LG needs to release their codes (TV codes have been released) but their reply was they couldn't give me the codes even at the expense of losing a customer.  My Xfinity XR2 remote did comtrol my Sony TV and sound bar.  Someone suggested a switch of Xfinity remotes from XR2 to the XR5.  Will the XR5 auto search for a code if the code hasn't been released?  Any one have any suggestions, or should we all let LG know we'll switch to Sony.  Why do I need to use two remotes just to use LG equipment???

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-14-2015 02:04 AM

Visitor
Message 16 of 78 (2,528 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just go to the Xfinity store near you and exchange the XR2 remote for the XR5 Version 3 that just was released. They did it for me 2 days ago. You will find that it works with the LG NB3530A sound bar flawlessly.

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-13-2015 01:45 PM

Visitor

Message 17 of 78 (2,540 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hmmm.

Is XR5 version 3 what you meant to type in your posting on "‎01-13-201511:06 AM" ?

The XR2 version R1remote is the one the installer provided when the X1 box was installed in November 2014.

The XR2 version U2 remote is the brand new one still in the box I got from the Xfinity service center on Jan 12th.  This U2 is called the "UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL COMCAST XFINITY XR2 FOR X1 & DTA RECEIVER MODELS". You can find it on Amazon.com for $9.99.

FYI - I searched the Internet for "XR5 remote" and only found XR2 remotes.

Thanks for the info.  I'll keep watching.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 18 of 78 (2,545 Views)

The new X1 system paired with an XR5 v3 remote works with that sound bar. I tested it myself without even using the code. I just had the remote search for it and it found my LG sound bar and it works perfectly.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 78 (2,556 Views)

got new xr2 (x1) remote today. still in the box. 31293 still does NOT work for LG soundbar NB 3520A. The new remote does flash that soundbar does not support pairing.
I guess that is the final answer
May you all have better luck than I did.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 78 (2,717 Views)

Replace your remote JeremyMorel

Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 78 (2,719 Views)

100% CORRECT!!  New Remotes accept code 31293! 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 22 of 78 (2,719 Views)

TRUE!! Thanks for your insight!  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 23 of 78 (2,726 Views)

Read my post from 2major.  Problem solved!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 78 (2,728 Views)

I HAVE SOLVED THE MYSTERY!   First,  I have a LG NB3530A sound bar attached to a LG PB5600 PlasmaTV.  Experienced the same frustration with everyone else on this blog regarding programming the Comcast remote to use the AUX Mode to control this sound bar.  After 5 hours of my time wasted between phone support  and two visits to a local Comcast store here in Atlanta,  the problem has been resolved for everyone affected. For all users of the current Comcast  Motorola HD box using the light gray or dark gray remote with the red OK button,  SIMPLY RETURN THE REMOTE FOR ONE THAT IS CURRENTLY IN NEW PACKAGING (MINE  NEW ONE IS THE DARKER GRAY WITH THE RED "OK" BUTTON) EITHER AT A STORE OR WITH A SERVICE TECH!  I KNOW THE REMOTE PROBABLY LOOKS THE SAME AS THE ONE IN YOU CURRENTLY HAVE.  HOWEVER,  THE LG SOUND BAR CODE OF   31293    IS CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!   The newer remotes will accept this code under the AUX mode.  Just follow the instructions included in the package to install the code and follow the Unlock/Lock directions using the 993 code to make the AUX Volume mode control the sound bar.  Thanks to  the couple of  bloggers that suggested exchanging the remotes but never got credit.  A Super Comcast Tech suggested that option to me.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 25 of 78 (2,910 Views)

Hi-Fam... Keep us posted. I'll try not to be pessimistic, but my hopes are grim. Thanks in advance for trying to push on. Perhaps you'll get a different answer... Because we all know the consistency at Comcast doesn't exist! Happy new year!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 26 of 78 (2,915 Views)

I called tech support 1800XFINITY and was told "Hmmm.  That's odd.  There aren't any LG devices listed.  I will send this query onto engineering, who will respond in 48 - 72 hours."  The service rep searched quite awhile for me and assured me that I wasn't doing anything wrong when I couldn't find a manufacturer code for the LG NB3520A sound bar to input into the XR2 (X1) remote.

Posted by
Edited on
‎12-26-2014 03:33 PM

Bronze Problem Solver

Message 27 of 78 (2,922 Views)

[ Edited ]

rdekoker wrote:

The 31293 code does not work with my LG NB3530A.  I just spoke to customer service who transferred me to repair.  The guy said the gray remote with the red ok button is legacy equipment and there are no new remotes with updated codes.  He said there was nothing I could do and that the old cable boxes will be updated as the old ones go bad.  What now?

You could upgrade your cable box or buy a universal remote or use two remotes.

Good luck...

Posted by
Visitor
Message 28 of 78 (2,928 Views)

Rdekoker, welcome to my side of the issue. If you look for my posts earlier along in this thread, you'll see this is my exact point! I've been quite clear that I'm working on the latest remote and equipment. Everyone seems to ignore this and keeps telling me the joys of 31923 working on their legacy equipment. My guess is that Comcast will do what they generally do, which is wait until the majority of legacy customers update, start griping and then come up with a solution well after you and I have become fed up and either bought another universal remote (ala the Logitech Harmony) or resigned to using 2+ remotes. From what I have gleaned in my research, it takes someone with knowledge of the remotes internal protocol only a short time to determine a code, but I'm guessing there aren't enough people with the same model sound bar as us. Also, the rumor is that Comcast doesn't officially support soundbars, just home theater amps. So on the two tvs I have with soundbars, I've resolved to routing the audio through the tv so that the tv volume control limits the soundbar and doesn't actually change the soundbars volume. I'm not impressed with this solution, especially when I want to use the soundbar with an auxiliary device like my iPhone for music- I have to grab the device remote, so keep it handy. Feel free to try and gripe with me? Maybe a post-Christmas miracle or a 2015 resolution will help? (Sorry for my sarcasm laden reply. I've been at this for nearly a year... Ugh!)
Posted by
Visitor

Message 29 of 78 (33,552 Views)

The 31293 code does not work with my LG NB3530A.  I just spoke to customer service who transferred me to repair.  The guy said the gray remote with the red ok button is legacy equipment and there are no new remotes with updated codes.  He said there was nothing I could do and that the old cable boxes will be updated as the old ones go bad.  What now?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 78 (35,131 Views)

Options
‎04-13-2013 05:59 AM

Remote code is 31293

Works perfect...thans so much
Posted by
Visitor

Message 31 of 78 (35,823 Views)

Silver xfinity remote code 31293 worked for me on my LG 300W sound bar, thx
Posted by
Visitor

Message 32 of 78 (36,231 Views)

Code worked perfectly with my silver remote and red OK.
I am using the sound plate though LAP 340 by LG
Posted by
Visitor

Message 33 of 78 (38,183 Views)

I have just purchased a LG Soundbar NB2540 and I am trying to program my Comcast grey remote to control on/off, Vol up & down.  I Used code 31293, and the set up button blinks twice, and I have unlocked the Vol, but the only thing that happens is that I can turn the vol down, but I cannot turn it up or get it to control the on/off.  Any suggestions?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 34 of 78 (41,273 Views)

"0" changes input
Posted by
Visitor

Message 35 of 78 (41,274 Views)

"0" changes sound bar input method too
Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 78 (43,460 Views)
Posted by
Visitor

Message 37 of 78 (43,978 Views)

Make sure you unlock the volume with the 993 code as per instructions. The Comcast remote will then control the volume via the sound bar and not the TV. You will not see the volume indicator on the TV screen, but the volume display on the sound bar should reflect adjustmwents with the Comcast remote. I have the TV speakers turned down to nearly zero to allow for maximum fidelity from the sound bar and subwoofer. 

Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 38 of 78 (43,998 Views)

poolgod10 wrote:

Hello....

I have also tried using 31293 to set up volume control with silver/gray remote with the red button and it does not work.  I'm following the instructions explicitly but to no avail.....

any help would be appreciated

Have you tried here - http://customer.comcast.com/remotes/

Posted by
Visitor

Message 39 of 78 (44,022 Views)

Hello....

I have also tried using 31293 to set up volume control with silver/gray remote with the red button and it does not work.  I'm following the instructions explicitly but to no avail.....

any help would be appreciated

Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 78 (48,302 Views)

Hi , I've tried all the codes including 31293 with my xfinity remote...none work on my LG sound bar.  Suggestions?  I've also unlocked the volume...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 41 of 78 (48,412 Views)

I have a new Comcast silver remote and have just purchased a 42 inch LG and the NB3530A sound bar. The Geek Squad at Best Buy were clueless regarding the sybchronization of the Comcast Remote and the sound bar. The 31293 code immediately woked to turn the sound bar on and off with the all on button. The volume was easily synchronized by using the volume unlock code of 993 as described above and in the Comcast remote manual. Simply hold the set up button, type 993 and then press aux. The Comcast remote with then turn the soundbar on and off and adjust the volume. Any fine tuning will have to be done with the sound br remote. For best results turn the TV volume low with the sound bar off. Then ajust the volume with the sound bar on. mich richer sound.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 42 of 78 (53,615 Views)

PLEASE verify that we're talking the same remote here. The one I'm referring to is for the X1 system (Remote XR2, version U2). Best I can tell everyone who has the 31293 code working is using the earlier remote and boxes.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 43 of 78 (53,618 Views)

Just thought I'd let everybody know...if inputting the code doesn't work, it REALLY is the remote.  I had another (more recent tv upstairs with a newer comcast remote and the code worked with that remote.  So get a new remote and it will probably work.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 44 of 78 (54,036 Views)

see sadsoccerfan !

Posted by
Visitor

Message 45 of 78 (54,037 Views)

my answer was for moreno his case was mine to >>>

Posted by
Visitor

Message 46 of 78 (54,039 Views)

i spend 10 years with comcast.... acctually its very truth response ,people will found out ! 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 47 of 78 (54,099 Views)

Did you spend time searching this forum out just to come here and troll with useless input?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 48 of 78 (54,120 Views)

replace the comcast remote !!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 49 of 78 (57,852 Views)

AWESOME!!!  I've been trying for HOURS online, comcast, lg, multi online conversations and NO body new anything, BUT!!!   this code 31293 works for my 

LG Electronics BH6730S 1000 Watt 3D Home Theater System

THANK YOU!!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 50 of 78 (60,403 Views)

Tv12345 wrote:
Remote code is 31293

Works! *thumbs up*