New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Picture Freeze

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 6 of 6 (1,629 Views)

Picture Freeze

I noticed while watching NCAA games that sparatic freezing of picture along with green light flashing on my Pace DC50x digital box. I have unplugged for over 30 minutes twice so far. No matter what channel I chose it keeps happening.

I have called comcast, thru automated system got to the resend signal??

I am currently watching 76ers vs Miami game & it is still doing the picture freeze & flashing light.

Am I in need of new equipment???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 5 of 6 (1,700 Views)

Re: Picture Freeze

Hello,

Picture freezing is usually caused by low signal. Since you already tried resetting the box and calling comcast and they sent a signal to the box the next step is to have a service tech come out.

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 1 of 6 (575 Views)

tech said signal to neighborhood" sucks" causing non stop problems.Thanks.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 6 (1,279 Views)

It's probably a signal issue and not the DVR.  Get a tech out to confirm you signals and he will fix it if they are out of spec.

Posted by
Edited on
‎06-23-2012 08:24 AM

Contributor
  • On your way! Congrats on Posting 10 topics!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 3 of 6 (1,294 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sounds just like Comcast!! I have the same problem that just started, randomly it freezes up for a second or two, it's annoying but maybe easier than dealing with Comcast's non fixes! I think I'll just try exchanging the explorer DVR and hope that fixes it.   

Posted by
Visitor
Message 4 of 6 (1,528 Views)

I've had the same problem for over a year. Comcast has been out 5 or 6 times. I've replaced my DVR 4 or 5 times but it is still a problem. I finally gave up on them being able to fix it. I wish you luck but I wouldn't hold my breath on them fixing it.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 5 of 6 (1,701 Views)

Hello,

Picture freezing is usually caused by low signal. Since you already tried resetting the box and calling comcast and they sent a signal to the box the next step is to have a service tech come out.