Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Features for Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco Cable Boxes

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 51 of 1,362 (2,456 Views)

Re: New Features for Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco Cable Boxes

Still nothing for Palm Beach County FL?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 52 of 1,362 (2,506 Views)

Ted

I also looked into the x1 and it shows for new customers in my are but when i try to order for existing it is not available.  and i like the pricing for the new customers and would sign up.

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-12-2014 10:44 AM

Official Employee

Message 53 of 1,362 (2,540 Views)

[ Edited ]

alex673 wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

alex673 wrote:

Thanks.  Looks like I have the update. I'm showing S26.  Been more than 24hours and I still don't have the DVR manager and or Caller ID features.

Apologies. I reviewed your account and I see that we have a technician scheduled today at your location to review some signal issues.

That may be the root cause of these features not working. These features both need two way communication and a clear signal path.

We will get this checked out and get these features working for you. Thanks for your patience. 

EDIT:  Had X1 installed yesterday (2 hubs, 1 terminal).  Caller ID, DVR manager are working as expected.  This new platform is amazing.  Thanks for your help.

On a side note, when is cloud DVR coming to 33185 ?

Glad to hear that you now have X1. Cloud DVR with X1 is expected to be available in additional locations this year. We have not yet publicy announced all of those next locations yet. Thanks for your patience.  

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-12-2014 09:37 AM

Frequent Visitor

Message 54 of 1,362 (2,594 Views)

[ Edited ]

ComcastTeds wrote:

alex673 wrote:

Thanks.  Looks like I have the update. I'm showing S26.  Been more than 24hours and I still don't have the DVR manager and or Caller ID features.

Apologies. I reviewed your account and I see that we have a technician scheduled today at your location to review some signal issues.

That may be the root cause of these features not working. These features both need two way communication and a clear signal path.

We will get this checked out and get these features working for you. Thanks for your patience. 

EDIT:  Had X1 installed yesterday (2 hubs, 1 terminal).  Caller ID, DVR manager are working as expected.  This new platform is amazing.  Thanks for your help.

On a side note, when is cloud DVR coming to 33185 ?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 55 of 1,362 (2,619 Views)

Laurie wrote:

Ted

I also have S26 mydvr is working but not caller id even after having it added to my account.

Thanks for the update. Yes, the team is looking into your issue. Thanks for your patience.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 56 of 1,362 (2,630 Views)

Ted

I also have S26 mydvr is working but not caller id even after having it added to my account.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 57 of 1,362 (2,635 Views)

rjg1201 wrote:
I'm in Fort Myers, FL. Today while watching TV Land the screen went black and I got the message "Channel not available. Please contact your cable provider." I thought this was fixed with the software update.

Apologies. Not all devices and cablecards in Florida have this update yet. The update is occuring on a rolling schedule throughout the month. Thanks for your patience.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 58 of 1,362 (2,641 Views)

alex673 wrote:

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 59 of 1,362 (2,689 Views)

I'm in Fort Myers, FL. Today while watching TV Land the screen went black and I got the message "Channel not available. Please contact your cable provider." I thought this was fixed with the software update.
Posted by
Edited on
‎03-10-2014 08:14 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 60 of 1,362 (2,695 Views)

[ Edited ]

ted

Using the Comcast silver remote control, press the Menu button twice, then select Interactive TV. The Caller ID settings are listed there.  this only allows you to set the notifications for caller id.  according to the guide on comcast.com to set up we have to go click menu once then select itv icon and you can set up caller id there.  my problem i dont have itv icon.

had to call for comast to add caller id for tv to my account to use the caller id feature

i have mydvr.  but it does show interactive tv in my menu and i have options to show notifications for caller id.

i live in sw florida and have rng200n

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 61 of 1,362 (2,732 Views)

Still no Caller ID or DVR Manager available yet.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 62 of 1,362 (2,636 Views)

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 63 of 1,362 (1,147 Views)

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 64 of 1,362 (1,262 Views)

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-07-2014 03:33 PM

Official Employee

Message 65 of 1,362 (1,282 Views)

[ Edited ]

rsbellus wrote:

"X1 is available in all areas.  New cable boxes and a professional installation are required"

. . . and the $99.00 installation fee, of course.

Yes, a one-time X1 Platform Upgrade fee of $99.99 may apply to existing XFINITY customers upgrading to the X1 services platform.

...."may apply"

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 66 of 1,362 (1,287 Views)

"X1 is available in all areas.  New cable boxes and a professional installation are required"

. . . and the $99.00 installation fee, of course.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 67 of 1,362 (1,307 Views)

alex673 wrote:

Teds, I live in Miami-Dade and now my guide is small like others are talking about.  However, I still dont have caller ID or DVR manager and my guide doesn't look any different than before.  Does this mean that I didn't receive the update I've been waiting for since 2012 ?  I was expecting the guide to be different.

Also, I followed your directions to change the 4:3 override and it won't let me make any changes in there.  

TV Type is 16:9 (I can change this)

HDMI/YPbPr OUTPUT is Pass Thru (I can't change this)

4:3 OVERRIDE is OFF.  (I can't change this)

I must agree with everyone, the new small guide is ridiculous.

is X1 available here in 33185?

X1 is available in all areas.  New cable boxes and a professional installation are required.  

The Caller ID and DVR Manager features can take up to 24 hours to start working after the new guide has been loaded to your cable box.  

The look and the feel of the guide did not (and was not expected to) radically change. A few new long-awaited features were added and some defects corrected.

Two easy ways to confirm that you have the latest guide version are listed below:

1. Using the Comcast silver remote control, press the red menu button twice; you should see a button on-screen labeled Interactive TV (on the right hand side). If you see that, you have the latest version of the guide.

2. The version number (S25, S26) of the on-screen guide for your cable box can be found in the guide’s setup menu. Press the Menu button twice on the silver Comcast remote control, select Setup, then Cable Box setup, arrow down to Configuration and “Select to display” and press OK/Select. The line immediately underneath the Review Configuration header will show you the version of the guide currently on your cable box. The first few characters (example S25p3) indicate the guide code number. A change in guide code number (to S26, the next version) on that box would indicate an update to the guide. Your box should say S26 in that line.

Please let me know and that will determine next steps for your issue.

Customers can visit the Web page for the new Guide to learn more.

Thanks for your patience.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 68 of 1,362 (1,342 Views)

Teds, I live in Miami-Dade and now my guide is small like others are talking about.  However, I still dont have caller ID or DVR manager and my guide doesn't look any different than before.  Does this mean that I didn't receive the update I've been waiting for since 2012 ?  I was expecting the guide to be different.

Also, I followed your directions to change the 4:3 override and it won't let me make any changes in there.  

TV Type is 16:9 (I can change this)

HDMI/YPbPr OUTPUT is Pass Thru (I can't change this)

4:3 OVERRIDE is OFF.  (I can't change this)

I must agree with everyone, the new small guide is ridiculous.

is X1 available here in 33185?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 69 of 1,362 (1,416 Views)

geo1957 wrote:

I live in the southwest florida market we just got this downgrade. I don't care what the other markets have had before this is a downgrade. Remote programming of the DVR still does not work. No compatable device found with the DVR its the 200rng. Also the caller id function does not work and the screen pixilates from time to time. 

The Caller ID and DVR Manager feature can take about 24 hours to load after the guide is first downloaded.  Please let me know if you have issues on Friday and we can investigate further.

Using the Comcast silver remote control, press the Menu button twice, then select Interactive TV. The Caller ID settings are listed there.

Pixelation and audio-video dropout issues are almost always related to local or individual signal or connection issues. The issue can occur on a single channel or multiple channels due to the frequency or frequency range that the channel is delivered on. Changes in temperatures can also aggravate the issue.

A box refresh and multiple box refreshes won't resolve your problem if it is a signal level issue.

Check to be sure that all of your cable connections are snug.

Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST and we can start the troubleshooting process and get this resolved. Insist on a technician visit so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 70 of 1,362 (1,425 Views)

I live in the southwest florida market we just got this downgrade. I don't care what the other markets have had before this is a downgrade. Remote programming of the DVR still does not work. No compatable device found with the DVR its the 200rng. Also the caller id function does not work and the screen pixilates from time to time. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 71 of 1,362 (1,460 Views)

zman1974 wrote:

Ted,

Got the update last night, and the passthrough now works fine.  First time in two years I have been able to use my Oppo BDP-103's HDMI input to upscale the RNG200N's native signal.  HAPPY!!

Great news and apologies for the delay in getting this update out to our customers in Florida.

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-06-2014 12:00 PM

Official Employee

Message 72 of 1,362 (1,464 Views)

Re: Why was the guide aspect reduced to 4:3 (part 2)

[ Edited ]

Marlingirl wrote:

I talked to a Comcast tech support guy just now.  He has NO info on this roll-out in Palm Beach, Miami or anywhere else in South Florida.  The CSR guy I talked to tried all the usual stuff - sending signals, turning the box on and off -- so obviously, they have NO info on this change to 4:3 aspect for the Guide, the program info bar OR the DVR screen.  And I don't even have a Motorola box!  Mine is an Explorer from Scientific Atlanta! If they're trying to get us to buy their new X1 service, well, this is definitely NOT the way to do it.  I've had my issues with Comcast before -- we all have -- but this is a disservice to the cable-viewing community.  There are so many choices out there, Comcast; is this REALLY the way you want to treat your customers??  I feel sorry for the Time Warner customers who are about to be taken for a ride.  Whatever improvements you think you've made to your service, Comcast, YOU'RE WRONG.  Your customers are calling and writing and trying to tell you.  ARE YOU LISTENING????

Apologies that you talked with one of our representatives who was not as informed as he-she should have been. The recent update happening in Florida is for our Cisco and Scientific-Atlanta branded cable boxes.

The 4:3 information has been widely disseminated with all of our frontline staff and it has been reiterated again yesterday and today. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 73 of 1,362 (1,490 Views)

Ted,

Got the update last night, and the passthrough now works fine.  First time in two years I have been able to use my Oppo BDP-103's HDMI input to upscale the RNG200N's native signal.  HAPPY!!

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-05-2014 10:31 PM

Official Employee

Message 74 of 1,362 (1,527 Views)

[ Edited ]

bozbeck wrote:
Memphis will never get the update. Thanks for your patience.

Memphis is expected to be included this year. You are welcome.

There are a lot of things going on in Memphis on the Comcast front  - some much needed behind the scenes infrastructure updates and some customer-facing improvements as well; not all is readily or immediately apparent. Memphis will get this update. Apologies that this area is last on the list.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 75 of 1,362 (1,549 Views)

Memphis will never get the update. Thanks for your patience.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 76 of 1,362 (1,540 Views)

Re: Why was the guide aspect reduced to 4:3 (part 2)

I talked to a Comcast tech support guy just now.  He has NO info on this roll-out in Palm Beach, Miami or anywhere else in South Florida.  The CSR guy I talked to tried all the usual stuff - sending signals, turning the box on and off -- so obviously, they have NO info on this change to 4:3 aspect for the Guide, the program info bar OR the DVR screen.  And I don't even have a Motorola box!  Mine is an Explorer from Scientific Atlanta! If they're trying to get us to buy their new X1 service, well, this is definitely NOT the way to do it.  I've had my issues with Comcast before -- we all have -- but this is a disservice to the cable-viewing community.  There are so many choices out there, Comcast; is this REALLY the way you want to treat your customers??  I feel sorry for the Time Warner customers who are about to be taken for a ride.  Whatever improvements you think you've made to your service, Comcast, YOU'RE WRONG.  Your customers are calling and writing and trying to tell you.  ARE YOU LISTENING????

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-05-2014 04:39 PM

Official Employee

Message 77 of 1,362 (1,603 Views)

[ Edited ]

smg33 wrote:

Teds,

I am a little surprised you actually did just cut and paste the same canned response about the features anyway.  Further, there is no option for CallerID on the box's menu. I do appreciate that thwe DVR manager now works but tht is it and it doesn't make up for the dimmished viewing experience of the harder to read font on the compressed 4:3 guide.  WHy would you think that smaller is better?  Also, the "flickering" and "snapping back" of the picture everytime we change channels is terrible!

I reposted the new features and the fixes for you above. 

The Caller ID feature can take about 24 hours to load after the guide is first downloaded.  

Using the Comcast silver remote control, press the Menu button twice, then select Interactive TV. The Caller ID settings are listed there.

Thanks for your feedback. I feel that I have answered your question about the 4:3 format a few times consistently.

I understand that you don’t agree with the answer and options I provided and I certainly understand your preference. Thanks. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 78 of 1,362 (1,611 Views)

Teds,

I am a little surprised you actually did just cut and paste the same canned response about the features anyway.  Further, there is no option for CallerID on the box's menu. I do appreciate that thwe DVR manager now works but tht is it and it doesn't make up for the dimmished viewing experience of the harder to read font on the compressed 4:3 guide.  WHy would you think that smaller is better?  Also, the "flickering" and "snapping back" of the picture everytime we change channels is terrible!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 79 of 1,362 (1,615 Views)

Thanks. Forgot to ask. Any idea when Ft Myers area customers with Tivo boxes might get On Demand?
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 80 of 1,362 (1,621 Views)

smg33 wrote:

Teds,

This is the same answer you gave me earlier and frankly, I don't believe it.  I have a 60inch 2013 3D 7000 series Samsung.  It DID NOT LOOK "bitmappy".  Instead, now it jumps and flickers everytime I change the channel from Disney Jr (136) being shown in 4:3 (it wasn't before) to HBOHD (416).  Since the guide shows up for a second when you change the channel it has to flicker and stretch back to HD.  It IS NOT SMOOTH and a complete step backwards from just last week.  Why would you choose to display something as 4:3. 

We heard from many customers that with the previous guide that having the guide auto-stretch to 16:9 on an HD channel made it very hard to read the text and made the fonts very "bitmappy" and overly accentuated the font aliasing especially on larger TV sets.

I have to call complete and utter BS on this statement.  Are you really expecting us to believe that on  60 inch or even 32 inch 16:9 screen the guide was harder to read when stretched to 16:9 instead of squeezed together in 4:3?  Come on...that defies logic to think that bigger text is harder to read.

I have tried every confirguration you mention below and it is still a worse viewing exeperience since last week before this so called update.

Also, before you repaste the same answer would you please address what "new" features I did get besides a dimisshed guide Aspect ratio?  Further, please do mention changing to X1.  I have seen nothing but reports of it being buggy and that the wireless boxes could be difficult to install because of the reception issues in a home built like mine.  Further, why would I have to switch to X1 if I was completely satsified up until Friday evening when you pushed out this change.

Please feel free to PM me or call if you would like to discuss further.  At this point I am exloring a return to DirectTV whom I had for 9 years afer 4 years with you or Uverse.   The xfinity interet service is super fast and reliable and the only thing that gives me pause but your new approach to HDTV is not something I want to live with!

Post 1259 above on this page has the list of features and fixes included as a part of this release, I have reposted that inormation below.

Thanks again for your feedback. We don't have any current plans to change the guide display on our legacy platform to be 16 x 9 stretched.

Are you having an issue with the video programming display being shown as 4x3 or just the guide display?

Most of our X1 customers are having an excellent experience.

Glad to know that you have options for video providers. Choice is good for everyone.  

_________________________________________________________________________________

So, what’s new? For starters, DVR Manager, Caller ID to the TV and full use of the XFINITY TV app.

Details on these and some other new features are below:

DVR Manager:
From the internet and the Xfinity TV app, customers can: set recordings, view/modify scheduled recordings, view completed recordings, modify series priority lists, etc.
http://xfinity.comcast.net/mydvr/how-to/

Caller ID to the TV
: See who's calling, right from your TV and PC! Comcast Universal Caller ID takes the guesswork out of incoming calls. http://www.comcast.net/callerid

Xfinity TV App:
The ability to use your iPad to change channels. http://www.xfinity.com/help/internet/mobile-tv-app/

HSN Shop-by-Remote
: A convenient, new way to make HSN purchases simply by using your remote. http://xfinity.comcast.net/newguide/iTV_HSN_0113.pdf

Request for Info
: Know more, save more! Introducing an easy way to request valuable coupons and info from advertisers simply by using your remote. 
http://xfinity.comcast.net/newguide/iTV_RFI_0113.pdf

Ready Remind and Ready Record:
Now you can conveniently set program reminders or recordings directly from certain TV show and movie advertisements.
http://xfinity.comcast.net/newguide/iTV_RRR_0113.pdf

There are several customer facing issues resolved in this guide release as well, including the following:

- DVR Boxes losing functionality of 15 second rewind and 5 minute skip back after being online for a significant period of time.

- DVR over-recording issues with New and Repeat episodes

- Not Authorized messages appearing on authorized channels

- HD Pass through working with HDMI cables

- RNG 200 and RNG200N: When watching live TV, pressing rewind may rewind all the way to the beginning of the buffer and bring the customer back to live TV.

- RNG 200 and RNG 200N: Audio /video occasionally cuts in and out after swapping channels.

- RNG200N: Video momentarily blacks out while watching TV.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 81 of 1,362 (1,624 Views)

rjg1201 wrote:
I have been following the forum daily. Maybe I missed it, but will there be an update in southwest Florida for cable cards? My biggest problem is changing channels and seeing the dreaded "Not Authorized" message when I am authorized, especially on a basic channel like TV Land.

Yes, all devices and cablecards in Cisco and Scientific-Atlanta areas in Florida are getting a bundled software and firmware update this month, throughout the month.

The latest FW version is .1101.  Different cable box models are scheduled over multiple nights.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 82 of 1,362 (1,650 Views)

Teds,

This is the same answer you gave me earlier and frankly, I don't believe it.  I have a 60inch 2013 3D 7000 series Samsung.  It DID NOT LOOK "bitmappy".  Instead, now it jumps and flickers everytime I change the channel from Disney Jr (136) being shown in 4:3 (it wasn't before) to HBOHD (416).  Since the guide shows up for a second when you change the channel it has to flicker and stretch back to HD.  It IS NOT SMOOTH and a complete step backwards from just last week.  Why would you choose to display something as 4:3. 

We heard from many customers that with the previous guide that having the guide auto-stretch to 16:9 on an HD channel made it very hard to read the text and made the fonts very "bitmappy" and overly accentuated the font aliasing especially on larger TV sets.

I have to call complete and utter BS on this statement.  Are you really expecting us to believe that on  60 inch or even 32 inch 16:9 screen the guide was harder to read when stretched to 16:9 instead of squeezed together in 4:3?  Come on...that defies logic to think that bigger text is harder to read.

I have tried every confirguration you mention below and it is still a worse viewing exeperience since last week before this so called update.

Also, before you repaste the same answer would you please address what "new" features I did get besides a dimisshed guide Aspect ratio?  Further, please do mention changing to X1.  I have seen nothing but reports of it being buggy and that the wireless boxes could be difficult to install because of the reception issues in a home built like mine.  Further, why would I have to switch to X1 if I was completely satsified up until Friday evening when you pushed out this change.

Please feel free to PM me or call if you would like to discuss further.  At this point I am exloring a return to DirectTV whom I had for 9 years afer 4 years with you or Uverse.   The xfinity interet service is super fast and reliable and the only thing that gives me pause but your new approach to HDTV is not something I want to live with!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 83 of 1,362 (1,659 Views)

I have been following the forum daily. Maybe I missed it, but will there be an update in southwest Florida for cable cards? My biggest problem is changing channels and seeing the dreaded "Not Authorized" message when I am authorized, especially on a basic channel like TV Land.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 84 of 1,362 (1,665 Views)

smg33 wrote:

I live in Palm Beach Gardens and since last weekend Comcast has suddenly decided that I can no longer get the Guide in 16:9 and the SD channels all went back to 4:3 as well.  This is a big step backwards and I have no new features.  Therefore, I fail to see why Comcast would make this change.  Where are any new features? Why not just have left the guide as it was for 16:9 tvs?  Everytime I go to the guide the TV has to "jum" and expand and shrink.  Its creates a terrible user expereince and, further, makes the guide harder to read.  

Thanks for your feedback.

When on an HD channel and with this guide, the guide overlays are now displayed in a 4:3 format instead of stretching to a 16:9 format.

The 4:3 guide experience when on an HD channel is consistent with what the majority of our customers have had for some time.

One thing you can check is in the user settings (steps outlined below) is to change the 4:3 override to 480p, that should have a full screen guide and info bar when on SD channels and the other experience when on HD channels.

1. To access user settings, turn OFF your set-top box; it will remain in standby mode.
2. Press GUIDE on your remote while the set-top box is in standby mode. OR press Channel Up + Channel Down simultaneously on the front panel of the set-top box.
3. From here you can set up your video settings and resolution output.

Video Settings: Configure the settings to your TV type. 4:3 Letterbox, 4:3 PAN/SCAN or 16:9 wide-screen.

Resolution Output: Configure the HDMI/YPbPr output to either 480p std, 480i std, Pass Thru, 1080i.

4:3 Override: Options are Off, 480p, 480i, Stretch. Change the 4:3 Override to 480p

More information on the guide in general and the new features can be found at the link below and in the initial post of this thread:

http://www.xfinity.com/meetyourguide

If you would like an on-screen guide that fills the screen, we have the X1 experience available in all areas. http://www.comcast.com/x1

The blue on-screen guide was never in HD, it was stretched to fill the screen. We don't currently have plans to change that.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 85 of 1,362 (1,670 Views)

rjc1247 wrote:

Teds,

Is this summer update also going to fix the loss of the frame-by-frame advance feature?

Yes. That update is expected to start being deployed to customers by the start of the summer. It won't be everywhere by that time.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 86 of 1,362 (1,692 Views)

I live in Palm Beach Gardens and since last weekend Comcast has suddenly decided that I can no longer get the Guide in 16:9 and the SD channels all went back to 4:3 as well.  This is a big step backwards and I have no new features.  Therefore, I fail to see why Comcast would make this change.  Where are any new features? Why not just have left the guide as it was for 16:9 tvs?  Everytime I go to the guide the TV has to "jum" and expand and shrink.  Its creates a terrible user expereince and, further, makes the guide harder to read.  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 87 of 1,362 (1,720 Views)

Teds,

Is this summer update also going to fix the loss of the frame-by-frame advance feature?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 88 of 1,362 (1,771 Views)

LeeSoFL wrote:

Sorry to say this Ted, but the "manual recording" for a strip show is still not working.  

If you set a manual to do M-F, 5PM to 6PM, channel 399 (let's say) the box will only record one episode and not record any more UNLESS YOU POWER CYCLE THE BOX AFTER THE FIRST (and each and every) RECORDING IS DONE.  

If you check "scheduled recordings" during that 5 - 6 PM time frame, it will be there as if to be recorded, but had not started recording at 5 PM.  If you turn the box off and then on, it jumps into record from where you've turned the power on.

Apologies for this issue. This is an unfortunate known issue that the teams are aware of. 

Setting a repeating manual DVR recording for every day results in only the first episode recording. The second and subsequent episodes do not record and then all of the scheduled recordings for the manual repeating DVR recording are deleted. 

This feature is not working correctly and is targeted for a fix in a subsequent guide update, scheduled to start being released to customers over the summer.  

We have made some significant improvements in how the DVR records from the guide listings (new and repeats) that should allow you to use the manual recording feature less often.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 89 of 1,362 (1,784 Views)

Sorry to say this Ted, but the "manual recording" for a strip show is still not working.  

If you set a manual to do M-F, 5PM to 6PM, channel 399 (let's say) the box will only record one episode and not record any more UNLESS YOU POWER CYCLE THE BOX AFTER THE FIRST (and each and every) RECORDING IS DONE.  

If you check "scheduled recordings" during that 5 - 6 PM time frame, it will be there as if to be recorded, but had not started recording at 5 PM.  If you turn the box off and then on, it jumps into record from where you've turned the power on.

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-04-2014 11:35 AM

Official Employee

Message 90 of 1,362 (1,805 Views)

[ Edited ]

ComcastTeds wrote:

zman1974 wrote:

Ted,

I assume since Fort Myers is not listed in the cities in your post that the update to my RGN200N will not take place until the end of March or later?

All Florida locations are scheduled to be completed this month.

Our remaining Florida locations are currently scheduled to receive this referenced guide update starting this week and scheduled through the end of March. 

Due to the large number of cable boxes in this area, the update is being scheduled over multiple nights with different box types scheduled to get the update each night.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 91 of 1,362 (1,850 Views)

The_Bob wrote:

Is there any update yet as to when this will be rolled out to Memphis?  The 5 issues below are things that have been ongoing regularly for years for us and are referenced as fixed in this new update.  When can we expect that a known fix will be applied to ongoing known issues?

-DVR Boxes losing functionality of 15 second rewind and 5 minute skip back after being online for a significant period of time.

- RNG 200 and RNG200N: When watching live TV, pressing rewind may rewind all the way to the beginning of the buffer and bring the customer back to live TV.

- RNG 200 and RNG 200N: Audio /video occasionally cuts in and out after swapping channels.

Apologies, I don't yet have a confirmed date for Memphis to announce just yet.   

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 92 of 1,362 (1,852 Views)

rjc1247 wrote:

Lee,

And yet the Motorola boxes (my daughter lives in Jacksonville) do?  And their search function has an "by Actor/Director" option as well as the "by Title" tab...

Once again, it looks like we're getting short changed down here in So FL... 

Maybe after Teds "thanks us for our patience", he can give us an explanation...or not.

Those additional DVR Search options are not included in the current bundled software release for our Cisco and Scientific-Atlanta DVRs.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 93 of 1,362 (1,859 Views)

clfnole wrote:

I finally can control the dvr and change channels with the app but it says my dvr is 100% full when it's only 48%. Any idea what to do with that?

Actually its working now...guess it just took some time to populate the information.

Glad to hear all is working as expected. It can take up to to 24 hours for the initial DVR Manager sync-up.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 94 of 1,362 (1,860 Views)

tstack wrote:

Any newer Cable Card firmware update coming to comcast of Garden State, NJ soon???

Thanks for your patience. All remaining Cisco areas are expected to receive the .1101 firmware update this year.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Cable-card-firmware-update/td-p/2020393

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 95 of 1,362 (1,864 Views)

rjc1247 wrote:

Okay, Teds, we finally got the S26.1211.r-24 upgrade in Palm Beach Gardens, FL -- and now the Cisco RNG200N  frame-by-frame advance no longer works!   ???????????

Apologies, yes you are correct. Below post has some details: 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Frame-advance/m-p/1725513/highlight/true#M76741

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 96 of 1,362 (1,867 Views)

zman1974 wrote:

Ted,

I assume since Fort Myers is not listed in the cities in your post that the update to my RGN200N will not take place until the end of March or later?

All Florida locations are scheduled to be completed this month.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 97 of 1,362 (1,895 Views)

Is there any update yet as to when this will be rolled out to Memphis?  The 5 issues below are things that have been ongoing regularly for years for us and are referenced as fixed in this new update.  When can we expect that a known fix will be applied to ongoing known issues?

-DVR Boxes losing functionality of 15 second rewind and 5 minute skip back after being online for a significant period of time.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 98 of 1,362 (1,952 Views)

Lee,

And yet the Motorola boxes (my daughter lives in Jacksonville) do?  And their search function has an "by Actor/Director" option as well as the "by Title" tab...

Once again, it looks like we're getting short changed down here in So FL... 

Maybe after Teds "thanks us for our patience", he can give us an explanation...or not.

Posted by
Edited on
‎03-02-2014 05:27 PM

Contributor

Message 99 of 1,362 (1,965 Views)

[ Edited ]

I finally can control the dvr and change channels with the app but it says my dvr is 100% full when it's only 48%. Any idea what to do with that?

Actually its working now...guess it just took some time to populate the information.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 100 of 1,362 (1,995 Views)

rjc,

SA box doesn't do frame-by-frame either.  I have a feeling it's another feature lost for good.

The update did correct multiple recordings of "new" program even though the guide said "repeat."

I'm not sure yet whether daily manual recording issue (box would only record one show and not do another unless you power-cycled the box) has been solved.  This week will answer that question.