Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Reply
Highlighted
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.



Member Since: ‎04-02-2014
Posts: 11
Accepted Solution

Internet Plus bait and switch

[ Edited ]

Last week I ordered the "Internet Plus" package which is currently advertised as "Plus, get popular channels like Discovery, Disney, CNN, A&E and Comedy Central." (Screen shot.)

 

Today I got it installed only to find out these channels are NOT included and would be a costly upgrade.

 

Well played, Comcast...

Posted by
Official Employee



Member Since: ‎01-09-2012
Posts: 11,689

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch


rpdx wrote:

Last week I ordered the "Internet Plus" package which is currently advertised as "Plus, get popular channels like Discovery, Disney, CNN, A&E and Comedy Central." (Screen shot.)

 

Today I got it installed only to find out these channels are NOT included and would be a costly upgrade.

 

Well played, Comcast...


Apologies for the issue that you outlined above. I have brought this to the attention of our business and marketing teams so that they can investigate further and get this specific offer reviewed and corrected quickly if needed. 

 

I have also asked that someone on our Portland team to reach out to you directly to make this right. Thanks for your patience. 

Posted by
Official Employee



Member Since: ‎01-09-2012
Posts: 11,689

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.



Member Since: ‎04-02-2014
Posts: 11

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch

After playing phone tag for a while this morning I got a call from a gentleman named Eric regarding my issue. After explaining my complaint to him he explained that with Internet Plus the channels in question are only available via streaming and not through the cable box. This seemed odd but I was willing to take his word for it.

 

When I got home this afternoon I went to check it out. Logged in and clicked on CNN... "CNN is not part of your subscriptions." A&E, same thing. I don't even see a listing for Comedy Central.

 

So what's the deal here? Is the Comcast website wrong when it says "Plus, get popular channels like Discovery, Disney, CNN, A&E and Comedy Central"? If it was I'd have thought surely it'd be fixed by now. Or was Eric correct and the channels are only available through streaming (which would make the quoted ad copy very misleading) and maybe something is wrong with my account that is preventing me from accessing them?

Posted by
Official Employee



Member Since: ‎01-09-2012
Posts: 11,689

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch


rpdx wrote:

After playing phone tag for a while this morning I got a call from a gentleman named Eric regarding my issue. After explaining my complaint to him he explained that with Internet Plus the channels in question are only available via streaming and not through the cable box. This seemed odd but I was willing to take his word for it.

 

When I got home this afternoon I went to check it out. Logged in and clicked on CNN... "CNN is not part of your subscriptions." A&E, same thing. I don't even see a listing for Comedy Central.

 

So what's the deal here? Is the Comcast website wrong when it says "Plus, get popular channels like Discovery, Disney, CNN, A&E and Comedy Central"? If it was I'd have thought surely it'd be fixed by now. Or was Eric correct and the channels are only available through streaming (which would make the quoted ad copy very misleading) and maybe something is wrong with my account that is preventing me from accessing them?


 

Apologies for the additional confusion that we caused. The information appearing in that online ad is not correct for that package. It appears that it is mistakenly listing the video services available with our Blast Plus package. There are only basic cable channels available with our Internet Plus package. 

 

The team is correcting that and we will reach out to you again to make this right. Thanks. 

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.



Member Since: ‎04-10-2014
Posts: 1

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch

The same thing happened to me, but I was told by someone on the phone when I upgraded my TV plan that these channels would be included. After several days of sending signals to the box to update the channels, and doing the power resets, I was finally told that the channels in the tier I just upgraded to were now unavailable in that tier! Even though the website still says I get those channels with that tier. Comcast is pulling some shady tricks.

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.



Member Since: ‎04-21-2014
Posts: 1

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch

Same thing here.  Signed up for Internet Plus while it was advertising CNN, Comedey Central, Disney, Discovery & A&E.  Never got these.  No one at Comcast will even acknowledge the false advertisement or attempt to remedy.  This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. They just act like you are nuts or you read the ad wrong if you try to explain it on the phone. 

Posted by
Official Employee



Member Since: ‎01-09-2012
Posts: 11,689

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch


veganhouse wrote:

The same thing happened to me, but I was told by someone on the phone when I upgraded my TV plan that these channels would be included. After several days of sending signals to the box to update the channels, and doing the power resets, I was finally told that the channels in the tier I just upgraded to were now unavailable in that tier! Even though the website still says I get those channels with that tier. Comcast is pulling some shady tricks.


Apologies for the additional confusion that we caused. The information that appeared in that online ad was not correct for that package. It appears that it mistakenly listed the video services available with our Blast Plus package. There are only basic cable channels available with our Internet Plus package. 

 

Our team recently corrected the ad and we will reach out to you directly to make this right. Thanks. 

Posted by
Official Employee



Member Since: ‎01-09-2012
Posts: 11,689

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch


adamhueske wrote:

Same thing here.  Signed up for Internet Plus while it was advertising CNN, Comedey Central, Disney, Discovery & A&E.  Never got these.  No one at Comcast will even acknowledge the false advertisement or attempt to remedy.  This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. They just act like you are nuts or you read the ad wrong if you try to explain it on the phone. 


Apologies for the additional confusion that we caused. The information that appeared in that online ad was not correct for that package. It appears that it mistakenly listed the video services available with our Blast Plus package. There are only basic cable channels available with our Internet Plus package. 

 

Our team recently corrected the ad and we will reach out to you directly to make this right. Thanks. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.



Member Since: ‎04-02-2014
Posts: 11

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch

[ Edited ]

[Post removed by user pending additional info]

Posted by
Official Employee



Member Since: ‎01-09-2012
Posts: 11,689

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch


rpdx wrote:

[Post removed by user pending additional info]


I have reached out to Bob on our escalation team who is handling your case. I know he is out of the office today but he is scheduled to be back in on Thursday. Thanks for your patience. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.



Member Since: ‎04-02-2014
Posts: 11

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch

Apparently the "recurring" charges I posted about earlier are unrelated to the issue with the channels. Here's the story.

 

I ordered online and a few days later received my video self install kit. I had my own modem and had already connected it but was not receiving any signal. The cable box also did not receive a signal which meant obviously the cable on Comcast's side was physically disconnected which made sense since I hadn't had cable in the two years I'd lived here. I went down to my local Comcast office to ask when I would be connected but the rep I talked to refused to admit that any action was required--just call the activation number and it will work. I explained to her that a blinking "receive" light and dark "send" and "online" lights on the modem indicated that there was no signal on the line--if there was such a signal I would get routed to Comcast's walled garden for activation through my web browser. Yes, she said, that's true, but if I just call the activation number it will work right away.

 

That was self-contradicting nonsense, of course, but I called the number anyway. After going through all of the automated prompts I was finally connected to a very helpful rep who quickly concurred with my diagnosis. He informed me that a technician would need to come out and connect me. I asked if the tech could do this while I was away from home seeing as how I'm more than capable of connecting a modem and cable box once the line is active. He informed me that I'd still need to be home because the tech would need access to my apartment to confirm that the connection worked.

 

The next morning a very friendly technician arrived right on time and connected me. Yay!

 

Now I see Comcast has billed me $32 for "Failed Video SIK" and another $50 for "HSD Failed Self Install".

 

I never wanted this installation service. I never asked for it. In fact, I specifically asked that it not be done. I certainly never consented to these charges which neither the phone rep nor the technician ever mentioned. This is bill stuffing and nothing more.

 

I strongly urge that these charges be removed. Don't have anyone "reach out" to me. Just remove them.

Posted by
Official Employee



Member Since: ‎01-09-2012
Posts: 11,689

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch

[ Edited ]

rpdx wrote:

Apparently the "recurring" charges I posted about earlier are unrelated to the issue with the channels. Here's the story.

 

I ordered online and a few days later received my video self install kit. I had my own modem and had already connected it but was not receiving any signal. The cable box also did not receive a signal which meant obviously the cable on Comcast's side was physically disconnected which made sense since I hadn't had cable in the two years I'd lived here. I went down to my local Comcast office to ask when I would be connected but the rep I talked to refused to admit that any action was required--just call the activation number and it will work. I explained to her that a blinking "receive" light and dark "send" and "online" lights on the modem indicated that there was no signal on the line--if there was such a signal I would get routed to Comcast's walled garden for activation through my web browser. Yes, she said, that's true, but if I just call the activation number it will work right away.

 

That was self-contradicting nonsense, of course, but I called the number anyway. After going through all of the automated prompts I was finally connected to a very helpful rep who quickly concurred with my diagnosis. He informed me that a technician would need to come out and connect me. I asked if the tech could do this while I was away from home seeing as how I'm more than capable of connecting a modem and cable box once the line is active. He informed me that I'd still need to be home because the tech would need access to my apartment to confirm that the connection worked.

 

The next morning a very friendly technician arrived right on time and connected me. Yay!

 

Now I see Comcast has billed me $32 for "Failed Video SIK" and another $50 for "HSD Failed Self Install".

 

I never wanted this installation service. I never asked for it. In fact, I specifically asked that it not be done. I certainly never consented to these charges which neither the phone rep nor the technician ever mentioned. This is bill stuffing and nothing more.

 

I strongly urge that these charges be removed. Don't have anyone "reach out" to me. Just remove them.


Yes, we will get those charges removed. Apologies again.  

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.



Member Since: ‎04-02-2014
Posts: 11

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch

I talked to Bob and this issue has been resolved to my complete satisfaction. ComcastTeds, thank you for all your help with this matter. I do very much appreciate it.

Posted by
Official Employee



Member Since: ‎01-09-2012
Posts: 11,689

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch


rpdx wrote:

I talked to Bob and this issue has been resolved to my complete satisfaction. ComcastTeds, thank you for all your help with this matter. I do very much appreciate it.


Great news, thanks for your patience. Glad to help. 

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!



Member Since: ‎05-23-2014
Posts: 1

Re: Internet Plus bait and switch

The same thing has happened to me. I was moving to a new place and had to call to switch my equipment. The first time I called the lady said she couldnt find my account, so i called back again 5 minutes later and the new lady i was talking to found my account just fine. As she was changing the address she told me about internet plus which included local channels, "Popular Channels", HBO, and Streampix, and internet at 50 mbps. I decided i would upgrade. When i got my first bill it charged me with 3 months worth of bills at 1 time so i called to see why, after being told why i was asked if i wanted to upgrade my internet. Which confused me because i thought i had the highest. Turns out my internet was only at 25mbps, and on top of that i just had the local channel and HBO. No streampix, and no "popular channels". When i tried to get it fixed they told me i cannot upgrade things in this package. So now im stuck paying for something that was nothing like i was told.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments