Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Repeat Stickie

Posted by
Regular Contributor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Communication is Key. Way to go, keep it up. Congrats on 100 Replies!

Message 51 of 295 (4,222 Views)

Re: DVR Repeat Stickie

slouke wrote:

Schimmy, I noticed when it recorded orignally last week it was a single 2-hour show, but tonight the guide showed it as 2 one-hour shows, at least here in Beaverton, OR.  That's why it wanted to record again on mine.

Haven't been on awhile. You are right slouke, it was split into two episodes. I didn't realize that until I went back to look at it.

Had another dup on the A28 guide yesterday. It was Friday's episode of "The Soup" on E! This time it was a generic desciption when I went in and looked at it. Haven't had any other dups prior or after it.

Posted by
Contributor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 52 of 295 (4,242 Views)

George,

I received a message on my box stating a new guide would be coming 6/30 here in Sacramento, CA. Well it's now 7/6 & I've received zero updates! Was there an update? Will I ever see the A.28 guide & have the ability to set my DVR from my iPhone?

Thanks in Advance for any info you can pass along.

~Tario70

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 53 of 295 (4,260 Views)

Schimmy, I noticed when it recorded orignally last week it was a single 2-hour show, but tonight the guide showed it as 2 one-hour shows, at least here in Beaverton, OR.  That's why it wanted to record again on mine.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 54 of 295 (4,266 Views)

• What show?   Mythbusters Top 25
  • What time?   Sunday, 6/20/10, 5-7pm mst
  • What channel? Discovery 716
  • Was this recorded on a DVR?  Yes
  • Which box are you using? Motorola  3400
  • Is this intermittent?  No
  • Was this a live event?  No
  • Any additional info you may feel useful. THe original program recorded last week and today was a repeat. I'm on 78.53-A28p0-4.1005.r-8.
  • Posted by
    Visitor
    • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 55 of 295 (4,280 Views)

Awesome. Thanks again, George!

Posted by
    Bronze Problem Solver

Message 56 of 295 (4,289 Views)

dbiehle wrote:

This update is very welcome. Thanks, ComcastGeorge. Any idea when it will become available or how we can find out when our market will roll out this upgrade? 

(I'm in the Seattle area)

You will received two box messages. One before each update. There are two updates withing a few weeks of each other that complete the upgrade. We are working quickly to push out nationwide. I believe more than 50% of our customers now have since we started upgrading late last year.

George Lunski
    "Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
    Posted by
    Visitor

Message 57 of 295 (4,301 Views)

This update is very welcome. Thanks, ComcastGeorge. Any idea when it will become available or how we can find out when our market will roll out this upgrade? 

(I'm in the Seattle area)

Posted by
    Visitor
    Message 58 of 295 (4,307 Views)

This has been going on over two years since this sticky was created and we still do not have a fix for it.  If the tv guide feed is so bad then get something else.  What happend to the TIVO service was that a big bomb?  How hard can it be to fix this come on.

Posted by
    Silver Problem Solver

Message 59 of 295 (4,328 Views)

The issue with HIMYM is that it's a generic description. There was an issue with 30 Rock and some other NBC shows for a bit, but then they updated the descriptions a day or so before airing, and the DVR removed them from the schedule.

Posted by
    Contributor

Message 60 of 295 (4,333 Views)

George,

It doesn't look like I'll ever see the new guide, my area, Sacramento, CA, seem to be at the bottom of Comcast, I mean Xfinity's to do list. Digital Transition happened over a month ago & I haven't seen nor read anything about the guide being updated (Still at A.25, no A.28 here) nor have I seen the addition of HD. At this rate I'll be leaving Comcast before the guide update happens...

1. What show? Burn Notice
    2. What time? 21:00
    3. What channel? 937
    4. Was this recorded on a DVR? It would have been, I killed it
    5. Which box are you using? This is important. Is the box a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta? Motorola
    6. Is this intermittent? It doesn't do this until the night of the recording about 10 to 30 minutes before 21:00. At 18:00 when the show is recording the "duplicate" scheduled recording is NOT on my DVR list to record.
    7. Was this a live event? Nope
    8. Any additional info you may feel useful: Duplicate records the same night at the New episode, just 3 hours later...

1. What show?  How I Met Your Mother
    2. What time? 19:00
    3. What channel? 913
    4. Was this recorded on a DVR? Yes
    5. Which box are you using? This is important. Is the box a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta? Motorola
    6. Is this intermittent? Just started this week, 6-2-2010; Scheduled for next week too.
    7. Was this a live event? No
    8. Any additional info you may feel useful: Repeat recordings are on Wednesdays at the time stated.

~Tario70

Posted by
    Cable Expert

Message 61 of 295 (4,346 Views)

I cleaned up most of the "True Life" repeats via the iPhone app, but I didn't go all the way out yet.  Here's a screen cap showing the mess setup for Sat, Jun 5 2010.

You see the description is very generic (it is identical for each episode), so that must be causing the problem.  Maybe give the TV guide folks a nudge, and they might have to give MTV a nudge.

Posted by
    Cable Expert

Message 62 of 295 (4,357 Views)

MTV's True Life this whole weekend and into next week (as far as the guide goes) all shows a generic description in the show info.

For this reason, I canceled a bunch of back to back episodes of "True Life" (Seems they have a marathon Memorial Day weekend).

Posted by
    Regular Contributor

Message 63 of 295 (4,375 Views)

Cypherx,

I noticed the same thing yesterday. I've noticed at least out west here, I have a lot of shows that won't show in the scheduled recordings until 24 hrs or less till it's time to recrod. Typically shows on BBC, HBO and E!. Then there are shows like True Life which show a boat load of scheduled recordings for the next week, then as the week goes on, they start to disappear.

Posted by
    Cable Expert

Message 64 of 295 (4,385 Views)

I'm noticing a boatload of MTV's True Life set to record starting next Monday, and going well through the 15th of May.  Every day there's a bunch of True Life episodes on Ch 49 MTV.  I did not move my series recording to the new MTV HD yet, because I am not sure if True Life is actually broadcast in 16:9 yet, but judging from the descriptions they are identical.

The show descriptions for MTV's True Life next week are very generic.  I suspect this is why the DVR has a bunch of episodes scheduled, despite being on A28.

Posted by
    Frequent Visitor

Message 65 of 295 (4,414 Views)

Ugh, I was really hoping this would be cleared up for good with the A28 Guide (which I've had for several months now), but in the past week I've had MAJOR issues with two series:

1) MTV's True Life and History Channel's Pawn Stars

2) All through out the day

3) MTV and History Channel (SD MTV channel, HD History Channel), specifically, 49 and 237 in my area

4) Yes

5) Motorola DCX3400 (250GB HD)

6) No

7) No

8) This seems semi-related to that absolute garbage guide data being spewed out by TV Guide. For both of these series, the duplicate recordings are appearing on epsidoes that have no "New" or "Repeat" tag, and contain no specific episode descriptions, just the standard boiler-plate for both. In True Life's case, this is "First-person reports on how young adults deal with issues such as sex, drugs, money, politics and religion." and for Pawn Stars it's "Following a family-owned pawnshop in Las Vegas, run by three generations of men."

If there's no way to stop using the HORRIBLE TV Guide service for show descriptions, since I'm guessing this is the entire cause of the issue in this case. I assume that the method used to stop repeat recordings in the A28 guide is something like "Record shows with 'New' in the description and if those are missed, record the same show airing anytime in the next X days, since that's assumed to be a re-airing of the latest episode". Well, that's fine IF your guide data is correct. But when TV Guide continuously messes up the guide data AGAIN and AGAIN, it completely negates this "fix". When will Comcast finally stop using them and switch to a service that actually bothers to write descriptions for all the shows? It seems that only then will this problem go away.

Now I'm off to go cancel 15 recordings for the next two days... yippee.

Posted by
    Regular Visitor
    Message 66 of 295 (4,428 Views)

• What show? Holmes on Homes, Simpsons, & could be more
  • What time? (H) 8 to 9p on Sun. - (S) 7 to 7:30 also Sun.
  • What channel? (H) 179 HGTV HD & (S) 190 WFLD HD
  • Was this recorded on a DVR? Yes, and scheduled Eery time its on, new and old.
  • Which box are you using? This is important. Is the box a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta?
  • Motorola DCX3400, New, swap out a week old 6412 on 4/9 !
  • Is this intermittent? No, it is repeatable.
  • Was this a live event? No.
  • Any additional info you may feel useful.
  • You would think that getting a new box from comcast wolud solve this problem.
  • That 's what I get for thinkingSmiley Sad After all, I have only been a customer for a week!

Posted by
    Silver Problem Solver

Message 67 of 295 (4,440 Views)

I hope some issues are fixed. Unfortunately, since the A28 update, my guide barely holds about 8-9 days of data now. The DB diagnostics show between 420 and 480 slots (1 slot = 30 minutes). It also does a triage 2 or 3 times a day, which shrinks it down.

For the past year or so, it was typically 650-660 slots. Before that, it was 730 slots.

Posted by
    Regular Visitor
    Message 68 of 295 (4,454 Views)

"UPDATE 04/02/10

Many of these 'repeats' should be resolved as customers receive the a.28 DVR update.

See our official blog post here.

Thank you.

George Lunski
    Comcast Help Forums Administrator
    george_lunski@comcast.com"
    George,
    When can we expect the update in the Elmhurst, IL. 60126 market?
    Is this done over the cable line or box exchange?
    Thank You!
    Pat Zakosek
    Posted by
    Frequent Visitor

Message 69 of 295 (4,463 Views)

I have the A28 guide and just ran across another repeat recording issue for a series I have just tried to set up yesterday.

1. What show?  MonsterQuest
    2. What time?  Any
    3. What channel?   History Channel HD (217)
    4. Was this recorded on a DVR?    No, because I cancelled the listed scheduled recordings because they are not new episodes
    5. Which box are you using? Motorola DCT3416 DVR
    6. Is this intermittent? No

I set up a new series recording for only NEW episodes to record for MonsterQuest, and it is showing that 12 episodes are set up to record on this Sunday, April 11, starting at 8:00am in the morning and continuing all day recording all those episodes in a row. None of those listings seem ti indicate either New or Repeat in the guide, but it's obvious they aren't New episodes.

Posted by
    Contributor

Message 70 of 295 (4,484 Views)

1) What show?

Forensic Files (Biggest Offender at this time)

2) What time?

Varies

3) What channel?

46 TruTV

4) Was this recorded on a DVR?

Yes

5) Which box are you using? This is important. Is the box a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta?

DSX3400

6) Is this intermittent?

Yes

7) Was this a live event?

No
    --------------------------------------
    Most the shows I had the biggest issues are on hiatus right now, I have a feeling once they start back up that it wll start over again. (Deadliest Catch, Dirty jobs) to name a couple.
    On 4/14 my DVR is scheduled to record "Murder By The Book" at 2am on channel 46 TruTV and I don't have a series?Manual recording set for this program, It WILL NOT let me delete it either(?)
    On 4/15 my DVR is scheduled to record "Southern Fried Stings" at 12M on channel 46 TruTV and again I DON"T have a series/Manual recording set for this program, It WILL NOT let me delete it either(?)
    Judge Judy on channel 7 WSYM 4,4;30,5pm, has the listings incorrect as scheduled, It has the description as repeat, But yet the show is new and does not match the description, And the ones marked as new are repeats, Again the description does not match the content of the show that airs.
    -------------------------------------
    ANY NEWS on when we (zip code 49201) will be seeing A28? Since I have been told so many different dates(Last July/Sept/Nov/Dec/Feb/April)
    But yet when I speak to any CSR or tech they have no idea what I am talking about AND HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THE ISSUES(?) STILL(?)

Posted by
    Bronze Problem Solver

Message 71 of 295 (4,485 Views)

ComcastGeorge wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Please Post any issues when recording with a DVR. Example Given, when recording Oprah and set the series to record “New Only” you are still receiving ‘repeats’. Example Posts should contain the below information. Thank you to everyone who has assisted gathering examples. Please feel free to post any questions or contact me if needed.

1. What show?
    2. What time?
    3. What channel?
    4. Was this recorded on a DVR?
    5. Which box are you using? This is important. Is the box a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta?
    6. Is this intermittent?
    7. Was this a live event?
    8. Any additional info you may feel useful.

Thank you.

UPDATE 04/02/10

Many of these 'repeats' should be resolved as customers receive the a.28 DVR update.

See our official blog post here.

Thank you.

George Lunski
    Posted by
    Edited on
    ‎03-23-2010 12:03 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 72 of 295 (4,497 Views)

Re: DVR Repeat Stickie (Updated 11/20/09)

[ Edited ]

Well March 12th came and went and still no A28 guide. I'm now being told that they have no date set for the guide along with the DTA conversion and from what I've read on other boards, Comcast is not going to be providing A28 to really any markets in April due to other "more important" priorities.

Add HBO shows to my post above for a set recording that doesn't show up in the list. I can't play with the prioritizer or else it really messes up my recording listing.

I don't want the answer "just set up the recordings manually". This should be a simple fix that should have happened years ago or Comcast should dump TV Guide for providing bum data for many years. Getting really tired of this!!!

Message Edited by schimmy on 03-23-2010 12:03 PM
    Posted by
    Contributor
    • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
    • On your way! Congrats on Posting 10 topics!

Message 73 of 295 (4,535 Views)

grouch92 wrote:

How long should it take from the first  update to the actual A28?  I got a message on my box that my area (Santa Cruz, CA) would be updated Feb. 9th.  So far, I'm still at A25.

Still no A28 here, but now I've gotten a message that we'll be going through the digital conversion on April 6th.  I wonder if that date will slip, too.

Posted by
    Regular Visitor

Message 74 of 295 (4,541 Views)

Hey George

1. What show? Glenn Beck
    2. What time? 5 pm eastern
    3. What channel? 214 - FOX News HD
    5. Which box are you using? Motorola 
    6. Is this intermittent? No; Records every early morning when it repeats from the previous day
    8. Any additional info you may feel useful. Well nothing i can think of... Gleen Beck is the only one i seem to watch that the DVR records every time it airs early morning and afternoon.

Posted by
    Regular Contributor

Message 75 of 295 (4,572 Views)

I got the first update about two weeks ago and I'm still on A25. My latest problem a couple of posts up started occuring shortly after the first update.

I've been told that my area should have the A28 by March 12th but we'll see if they actually stick to that date. Like SBacklin said, some people get the next update a few days later, others could be a month or longer.

Posted by
    Contributor

Message 76 of 295 (4,577 Views)

I'm not really sure.  It seems to vary.  If they do know, they aren't telling us.  So we just kind of have to wait and see.
    Posted by
    Contributor
    • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 77 of 295 (4,579 Views)

SBacklin81 wrote:
    Well the new guide is supposed to fix these issues.  In my area, (Seattle), we supposedly got the first part of this two part update last night.  I can't really tell if we got it or not.  Last night's update is supposed to prepare the boxes for A28.  As far as actually getting the new guide itself, there is a bit of debate on when it might actually happen.

How long should it take from the first  update to the actual A28?  I got a message on my box that my area (Santa Cruz, CA) would be updated Feb. 9th.  So far, I'm still at A25.
    Posted by
    Contributor

Message 78 of 295 (4,586 Views)

George, I recieved a new DVR(DCX3400) Because your CSR/MANAGMENT still think it is an issue that just I am having.(They STILL have never heard of the issue) But W/this box the recording of repeats is worse then the other box I had.

Biggest Loser,Couples(Ch122 FLN) in the TV guide has episodes from 2009 listed as NEW, So it records ALL of those,

Antiques Roadshow(Ch 13 WKARC) Records ALL episodes,

Forensic Files(Ch 46 TRUTV) Records ALL episodes, From 2005 to 2010,

South Park(Ch 56 MTV) Records ALL episodes,

I go thru and mark all those to not record, BUT if I add anything all those settings are lost and I have to start over again, I am getting tired of "Babysitting" my DVR everyday to make sure it records what I want. If Forensic Files has an all day marathon then my box filles up with those deleting the programs I have recorded.

Can you tell me WHEN WE WILL BE GETTING A28? I am getting sick of the runaround that I have been going thru since I started with comcast cable last MAY. I was told we would have it by AUG, Then By the end of DEC, It is now the end of FEB and no one seem to know anything or even will acknowledge that this issue exist. Sending out a tech or swapping out the box is not EVER going to resolve it. It only is costing comcast to continually deny the issue.

Posted by
    Contributor

Message 79 of 295 (4,604 Views)

Well the new guide is supposed to fix these issues.  In my area, (Seattle), we supposedly got the first part of this two part update last night.  I can't really tell if we got it or not.  Last night's update is supposed to prepare the boxes for A28.  As far as actually getting the new guide itself, there is a bit of debate on when it might actually happen.
    Posted by
    Regular Contributor

Message 80 of 295 (4,606 Views)

Still on the A25 guide but found a new Repeat situation. Usually I can see ahead of time what's going to be a dup recording and delete it but over the past week or two, shows from BBC, E!, MTV (and I'm sure others too that I haven't seen since the fiance deleted) that has already recorded the first run showing will not show the dup recording in the scheduled recordings but they still record.

Such as last night, the new episode of Top Gear recorded which was on the Scheduled recordings, but there was a repeat episode from last week later in the night and another showing of the new episode, these two episodes were not in the scheduled recordings but recorded anyways.

I thought the dup issues were suppose to be getting better not worse. It seems like comcst tries to fix one issue and two new issues pop up.

Posted by
    Edited on
    ‎02-08-2010 04:34 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 81 of 295 (4,658 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks WarEagle57,

I have tried 2 methods to get links to work in the post, and for some reason they just won't post properly for me. Believe me I know how to post links too Smiley Wink, as I moderate several forums elsewhere, but this is bewildering at best why they won't work.

I tried direct cut & past of the URL from an open browser window with the new thread showing, I used the chain link Insert/edit method within the post editor, and the link still wouldn't work. Not sure what else I could do to get the link to display properly, sorry.

OK, after looking at the working link, you provided, the only difference was that an extra #M4575 was needed to follow the URL that I had cut & pasted. Thanks, I corrected the link.

Message Edited by Darkonus on 02-08-2010 01:34 PM
    Posted by
    Cable Expert

Message 82 of 295 (4,663 Views)

Darkonus  --

The Comcast forum administrator has been informed, since they are very interested in tracking these issues.

The link to your new thread is defective.  Here is the corrected one.

Posted by
    Edited on
    ‎02-08-2010 04:29 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 83 of 295 (4,670 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well another update, recording duplicates seems to have been fixed in my area as far as I can tell with the programs I have set up for recording, but now another issue seems to have come up, because DVR Clipping is broken now!

This is the software/firmware version information from my DVR:

S/W version: 78.44-A280p0-2.0908.r-4
    Firmware: 16.72

The DTC3416 DVR can record 2 separate channels simultaneously, and if a 3rd channel is set up to record at the same time as the other 2 channels, the DVR clipping feature is supposed to allow up to 5 minutes overlap time before it just decides to turn off recording a program because of the overlap with no available tuners from which to record the 3rd program. This feature is not working now on my DVR, and it used to, because I would get the Clipping will occur many times because of the way I had set up some series recordings to start a minute early and end a few minutes late. Yet after this latest update, now all I get with even a simple 1 or 2 minute overlap for a 3rd scheduled recording is that the lesser priority show will not be recorded! This is so aggravating to have one issue fixed while another feature that used to work then stops working!!!

Since this issue is not the same as the repeat recording issue, I started a new topic on the forum for it rather than take this thread off topic. I just wanted to mention it here in case anyone else has the same clipping issues after the update, so here is the new thread below:
    DVR Clipping Not Working

Message Edited by Darkonus on 02-08-2010 01:08 PM
    Message Edited by Darkonus on 02-08-2010 01:09 PM
    Message Edited by Darkonus on 02-08-2010 01:23 PM
    Message Edited by Darkonus on 02-08-2010 01:29 PM
    Posted by
    Frequent Visitor

Message 84 of 295 (4,705 Views)

George,

1. What show? Every Show
    2. What time? Every Time
    3. What channel? All Channels
    5. Which box are you using? This is important. Is the box a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta? Cisco RNG200
    6. Is this intermittent? All the time
    8. Any additional info you may feel useful. On my DVR, I am not able to record new runs only. My only options are 1. Every Ep. 2. Every Ep on this day. and 3. Every Ep at this time and on this day. The RNG200 is running the SARA guide. We used to have SA an 8300 running the passport guide and that allowed us to record first run only, and the guide would notate when something is new, something that the SARA guide does not allow. I know that the version of the SARA guide on the box(1.90.xx.xx) supports flagging a show as New and recording first run only.

I have read on forums that other people with the SARA guide are able to record by first run only, but that does not seem to be avalable in my area for some reason. I have spoken with other people in my area that have the RNG200 and they are having the same issue as me. I'm just curious what could be causing this issue as it makes it very hard to schedule series recordings of my favorite shows when the DVR does not know when an episode is new or not.

I have had 2 different RNG200's both with this issue. I have also had 2 SA 8300's in the past that do support the New feature and recording first run only. It is just becoming very hard to secure an SA 8300 in my area since they are rolling out the RNG200.
    Thanks for the help!

Justin

Posted by
    Problem Solver

Message 85 of 295 (4,726 Views)

I think the DVR is fine, it sounds like it is getting bad data. I have experienced this issue myself and I can tell you that ever since I got the new guide software downloaded (A28) I have not had the DVR over-recording problem.   
    Posted by
    Contributor

Message 86 of 295 (4,746 Views)

Re: DVR Repeat Stickie (Updated 07/30/09)

1) What show?

Tosh.0 (Each repeated showing of the 2nd Season premiere)

2) What time?

Thursday @ Midnight I believe was the first repeated recording.  Also over this weekend.

3) What channel?

Channel 55 (Comedy Central - Sacramento, CA area)

Yes, two extra times.

5) Which box are you using? This is important. Is the box a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta?

Motorola HD DVR

6) Is this intermittent?

Seems to have recorded each showing.

7) Was this a live event?

Nope

Any additional info you may feel useful:

I received a message today stating on the 26th there would be an update which would change certain channels & that I may have to re-setup my DVR recording.  Is this the A.28 guide finally coming to my area?  Will this allow, finally, for more HD channels in my area?  

Thanks Again,

~Tario70

Posted by
    Regular Contributor

Message 87 of 295 (4,758 Views)

Update to my post above...

For some reason this week, if I go two days in advance or more it will show all the duplicate recordings like it has been since I got it in September. I have already gone through and deleted them but they are starting to pop back up as recording. I have not changed any settings or added any new shows. Specificly this is occuring with a lot of shows on E!

Next, some of the dupicate recordings and even the first run "New Episode" shows will all the sudden disapear from my scheduled recordings the day it's suppose to record even though in the description is says "NEW". This has happened over the past two days. I spoke with a CSR on Monday morning about my problems and she said she was going to call me back no later then EOB 1/12/10 after she talked with a tech about my issues but I haven't heard from her yet...

Can I just get a DVR that records when I tell it to record without adding the same episodes or deleting off scheduled recordings??? Is that too hard to ask for?

Posted by
    Frequent Visitor

Message 88 of 295 (4,781 Views)

Well, our area finally received the guide update a few weeks ago, but unfortunately I was not yet able to test whether it works fully to record only new shows I used to have issues with, at least not until all my shows start their new seasons. It does however work on the few shows that have started their new seasons, so I'm hoping this trend of actually working continues as my other shows start their new seasons.

I have noticed that with this new update, the DVR seems slower to respond to input when trying to skip forward or back within a show recording, as I was getting the "Unable to process your request" error box popping up quite a bit as I tried to skip back and forth, something I rarely, if ever had come up, when I used the skip function before the update. So now I do have to wait a bit more time between each of my key presses when using the skip function than I used to so the error box doesn't pop up, but I'll take that small issue any day over the horendous issue of repeat recordings which I used to have with my Comcast DVR.
    Posted by
    Contributor

Message 89 of 295 (4,786 Views)

Where is the update???!?!!?  I am getting tired of clogged My Recordings menu, bad guide information and I am getting really POd about these DVRs not recording at the right time so it records part of another show and cuts off the end of the one you are trying to watch. 
    Posted by
    Edited on
    ‎01-05-2010 11:59 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 90 of 295 (4,795 Views)

[ Edited ]

1) What show?

Any show on E!, MTV, TLC, Discovery, FX, BBC that I know of right now. (Denver Market)

2) What time?

Any run of the show recording such as Nip Tuck, What Not To Wear, Teen Moms, Mythbusters, The Soup, Chelsea Lately, Top Gear to name only a few.

3) What channel?

As mentioned in 1. 

Yes, clogs up the DVR in recordings.

It's a Motorola, not sure of model number but got it new late September 2009

6) Is this intermittent?

Always recording. 

7) Was this a live event?

No

Any additional info you may feel useful.

I am sick and tired of going two weeks in advance to say not record the repeats. Even when I set it to delete, it will still sometimes record. Also I just found that after I set all the repeats to not record, if I set a new recording such as 24 or Big Love which starts in the coming weeks, it resets all of my recordings and I have to go back through and delete all the repeats again. None of the repeats say "new", except Nip Tuck which still says new on the repeat runs. I've never had any problems like this when I was with Direct TV. Why should I pay for the DVR service when it can't do basic stuff such as record a show once and I have to waste my time and delete future recordings over and over.... I'm sick and tired of this. Any clue when the Denver Market is suppose to be getting the new version? I agree with everyone else, why can't there be a list of potential time frames for market updates?

I'm almost to the point to go back to Direct TV and stay with comcast internet and pay the extra $20 more each month so I don't have to deal with these problems...

Message Edited by schimmy on 01-05-2010 08:59 PM
    Posted by
    Regular Visitor

Message 91 of 295 (4,812 Views)

My DVR absolutely refuses to record this show. I've set it up every different way I can think of but no dice. 

1. What show? Community
    2. What time? 8 PM PST
    3. What channel? 703
    4. Was this recorded on a DVR?  Nope. That's the problem
    8. Any additional info you may feel useful.

Posted by
    Silver Problem Solver

Message 92 of 295 (4,829 Views)

What show?

Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

What time?

3:05 am CST, beginning Jan 05, 2010.

What channel?

WMAQ, Chicago

Was this recorded on a DVR?
    Which box are you using? This is important. Is the box a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta?

DCT6412

Is this intermittent?

No.

Was this a live event?

No.

Any additional info you may feel useful.

Tagged as REPEAT in the guide, but series recording is scheduling them!  Series is set to 'new' only.

Posted by
    Frequent Visitor
    Message 93 of 295 (4,834 Views)

1. What show?   Colbert Report
    2. What time?   New shows air @ 11:30pm Mon-Thu
    3. What channel? Comedy Central  - Channel #60
    4. Was this recorded on a DVR?  Yes
    5. Which box are you using? This is important. Is the box a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta?  Motorola
    6. Is this intermittent?  No
    7. Was this a live event?  No
    8. Any additional info you may feel useful.  Set a series recording.  New shows start next week 1/4/2010.  Looking at the scheduled recordings, things look fine for next week Mon 1/4 - Thu 1/7.  Then, the following week (starting 1/11), I see Scheduled Recordings for Colbert Report @ 9:30am, 1:30pm.  These shows have a generic description in the guide and don't say either New or Repeat.  The 11:30pm new show airing shows up in the guide with a generic description also, but it is correctly tagged as NEW.

Also note....   all of the above also applies to the Daily Show with John Stewart.  It shows up correctly all next week with new shows being recorded at 11pm each night M-Th.  However, starting the week of 1/11, I see additional Daily Show recordings for 9am and 1pm on Monday 1/11.

Posted by
    Frequent Visitor
    Message 94 of 295 (4,845 Views)

1. What show?  Meet The Press
    2. What time?  1st run: Sundays 10-11a (guide shows New)   Also gets recorded: 2:30-3:30a Monday
    3. What channel?   NBC  HD (432)
    4. Was this recorded on a DVR?    yes, both the 1st run (New) and the (Repeat) get recorded when using series recording
    5. Which box are you using? This is important. Is the box a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta? Motorola (newer HDMI HD version)
    8. Any additional info you may feel useful.  I still have the older guide software on this box.  Any idea when it will be upgraded, and if the upgrade will fix this problem??
    Posted by
    Contributor

Message 95 of 295 (4,870 Views)

I'm stuck on a contract so I can't leave. I'm in Chicago, in an area where we do have choices. I was with RCN cable for a year. The tv service was great, on-demand and the internet service left much to be desired. Now I'm with Comcast and it's the exact opposite. Come August, if all of the issues with the stbs aren't fixed I'm really probably just going to get dsl and watch hulu.

Posted by
    Contributor

Message 96 of 295 (6,559 Views)

opus20745 wrote:

As this phone call from HQ shows, there IS obviously a listing of some sort with scheduled roll-out dates. What is the big deal with letting people know this then? Why is letting people know when their ongoing DVR repeat problem will be fixed a closely guarded secret? I tend to agree with the previous poster that this problem has almost become a deal breaker for me. If I had SOME idea as to when this was getting fixed, I would be much less inclined to jump ship to FIOS or DirecTV when my contract ends at the end of December.

ComcastGeorge? Any insight here? I'm in Anne Arundel County, MD, FYI.

THANK YOU! =) I've been saying that.

Highlighted
    Posted by
    Frequent Visitor

Message 97 of 295 (6,562 Views)

As this phone call from HQ shows, there IS obviously a listing of some sort with scheduled roll-out dates. What is the big deal with letting people know this then? Why is letting people know when their ongoing DVR repeat problem will be fixed a closely guarded secret? I tend to agree with the previous poster that this problem has almost become a deal breaker for me. If I had SOME idea as to when this was getting fixed, I would be much less inclined to jump ship to FIOS or DirecTV when my contract ends at the end of December.

ComcastGeorge? Any insight here? I'm in Anne Arundel County, MD, FYI.

Posted by
    Contributor

Message 98 of 295 (6,564 Views)

Well, I'm glad to hear that someone got told when they were getting an update.

This is just testing my patience and its running out.  I am tired of the crappy DVRs.  I wish someone would tell me when my market (Seattle; Puget Sound) is getting it.  I am sick and tired of waiting.  I'm on the verge of just cancelling all of my comcast services.  

Posted by
    Regular Contributor

Message 99 of 295 (6,567 Views)

I got an unsolicited phonecall last week from a pleasent woman saying she was from Comcast HQ and had seen my posts here regarding new Guide release schedule.  She said that our area, Southeast NH which has the Boston channels feed, would not get the new software this year.  I should check back around the end of March.  So I surmise that the rollout schedule posted here by Comcast last summer saying the rollout would be complete by year's end has slipped to at least late March 2010, end of Q1 2010, for at least some of us.

Posted by
    Bronze Problem Solver

Message 100 of 295 (6,586 Views)

Tario70 wrote:

George,

Thanks for the quick response.  I look forward to next year then!  I remember reading somewhere that this guide update will also allow remote DVR scheduling like say through the comcast iPhone app.  Any truth to this?

Thanks Again George.  Again sorry for the rant at the information as I was really frustrated & had to resort to other means to watch my missed episode.

~Tario70

dont worry about the rant. i know its frustrating.
    yes we are still working on the mydvr access through the iphone app. 

George Lunski