Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfi

New Poster

xfi

I installed the new modem that was sent to me this week that was required for xFi and activated it manually.  Now when I download the xFi app it asks me to activate it and I don't want to mess up my working modem.  Is the activation just for the app?  If not, how do I get out of the startup area of the app.

Thank You

New Poster

Re: xfi

Also on my  account it says setup  75% complete.  It says Complete 1 step to finish your account setup with no inidication what I should do.

Service Expert

Check your email for a message from Comcast.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi joanvn, the in-app activation is for the Gateway and should enable xFi once completed. If you have already activated your Gateway through another method, you can still run through the activation in the xFi app without negatively impacting your service.

The activation steps in the app will prompt you to personalize your network name and password, so if you activated it using the device's default name and password then this step will kick off any devices connected to the network. If you have already personalized, then you can use the same name/password.

If you experience issues with this, or still receive the upgrade message in xFi after completing the activation, please let us know and we can look into it further. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation