Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfi pods and external routers and switches

Regular Visitor

xfi pods and external routers and switches

So I have an xb3 gateway and an XH router plugged in for that and then a linksys router hardwired for my livingroom and a 4port switch to hardwire my solar inverters and a couple other spots of the house.  If I set up 6 xfi pods will I still be able to be hardwired with these other connections?  Mainly need to keep the solar inverters hardwired.  I would love to get rid of the xh wifi router that is really limiting my connectivity which led me to the xfi pods but need that to connect to the xh touchscreen controller and wireless sensors cameras and thermostats and light modules.  Has anyone set these up with these other hardwired devices still in use?

Tags (3)
Official Employee

Re: xfi pods and external routers and switches

@sross942 wrote:

So I have an xb3 gateway and an XH router plugged in for that and then a linksys router hardwired for my livingroom and a 4port switch to hardwire my solar inverters and a couple other spots of the house.  If I set up 6 xfi pods will I still be able to be hardwired with these other connections?  Mainly need to keep the solar inverters hardwired.  I would love to get rid of the xh wifi router that is really limiting my connectivity which led me to the xfi pods but need that to connect to the xh touchscreen controller and wireless sensors cameras and thermostats and light modules.  Has anyone set these up with these other hardwired devices still in use?

Thanks for reaching out. In regards to the first question, once you onboard your xFi Pods they will wirelessly extend your private home network and work with your Gateway to determine best connection for your WiFi connected devices. You can keep the other hardwired connections as-is if you wish, but please note that all of these wired connections may not appear in xFi.

In regards to your second question about the XH Router, I am reaching out to the appropriate team and will let you know. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

In regards to your question on the XH router, can you explain what you mean by the XH router is limiting your connectivity? 

If you have a separate router to support your XH network, only those XH devices should be connecting to that router and it should not be interfering with your private home network. If you were experiencing any WiFi dead spots in which you were unable to connect WiFi devices to your home network, your xFi Pods should help solve for this. 

If you find that this is not the case, it would be possible to get rid of the XH router, however we would need to schedule an technician appointment to complete this request. 

If this is the route you wish to go, please send me a private message and we can work together through there. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastBrittany,

The XH Router is connected to the gateway placed on the far side of my house which limits the signal quality and makes it very hard to get a quality signal for cameras.   At some point I may want to address the XH wifi topic; I may try moving that router to a different location and see if it helps.

The xfi pods have done a good job and I am very happy with the quality of service I am seeing as far as wifi around my home for all my personal devices such as ipads, laptops, xbox and mobile phones.  So the Pods are a winner and I do like the xfi app to see whats going on with my wifi network it is pretty cool to use.

Thanks for the follow up on these questions as I work through the signal issues I will keep you updated.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation