Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

xFi problem

New Poster

xFi problem

Xfi does not work “upgrade equipment”
I recently received a message from xfinity stating I was eligible for a green modem upgrade to use the new xfi platform. I ordered the modem, installed, and setup my new WiFi but I cannot access the xfi platform! It consistently states I need to upgrade my equipment, which I have! Spoke to two different xfinity operators who could not solve the issue and three days ago told me they would work on it and call me when fixed! Haven’t heard back and the system still gives me the upgrade error message! Very frustrated with this as I was excited to try the new platform and have had not prior problems with xfinity in the years I have been a customer! Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfi does not work “upgrade equipment”

Glad to hear we were able to get you up and running. Please feel free to post again if you have any other needs.

Thank you for choosing Comcast and using the Forums!

View answer in context
I am having the same problem. Installed the new modem sent to me yesterday....Cisco DPC 3941T...which is listed as being a compatable device to get the x1 features. My issue as decribed in the previous still persists today.
Official Employee

Re: xFi problem

Hello meeman, it sounds like your modem may need to be updated on the back end. There are times when you receive a new modem and install it that the MAC address does not update in the back end system, in this case we can send a provisioning signal to your new modem and get your Xfi status updated so that you can use the Xfi features. To provision your modem I will need to verify your account, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

New Poster

Hi 

I also am having a simaler issue. Updated my modem and was able to log into and see XFi once. After that all I get is a error that says that there are techincal issue. Reached out 2 weeks ago to Comcast support and I am being told that one of my cable boxes is identifying as a second modem and that is causing my problem and that someone from comcast will be calling me. Well, 2 weeks and not a peep out of comcast. Called again last night and got same story 

Official Employee

Hi DanSalamone, are you experiencing this issue accessing xFi through the website (www.xfinity.com/myxFi) or through the xFi mobile app? If you can attach a screenshot of the error you are seeing that may help us in troubleshooting the issue. 

New Poster

thanks for you reply....all is good now.