Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

xFi app says I need to upgrade my equipment but it is a new Comcast Modem Gateway

New Poster

xFi app says I need to upgrade my equipment but it is a new Comcast Modem Gateway

It won't let me connect via the xFi app on either my iPad or Android phone.  It keeps saying, I need to upgrade but it is a brand new modem/router/gateway from Xfinity.  

Official Employee

Re: xFi app says I need to upgrade my equipment but it is a new Comcast Modem Gateway

Hi, Artjax - I made few changes with your account. Are you still getting an upgrade message?  

New Poster

Re: xFi app says I need to upgrade my equipment but it is a new Comcast Modem Gateway

My account also says I need to upgrade my modem to get Xfinity xFi, but I own my current modem.  I don't want to pay $10/month for an xFinity modem, but I do want Xfinity xFi.  What are my options?

Official Employee

Hi fly321, xFi is only available to those that rent an xFi-eligible Gateway from Comcast. You can find information on the make/model requirements for leased equipment here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/xfinity-xfi-overview/

New Poster

It's saying the same thing for me and I have a new Comcast Modem Gateway. Then when I click the "upgrade" option, it says I have the latest equipment. Frustrating.

New Poster

Seems really odd that when you pay for a service and supply your own modem to save $10 that you do not have full access to an account that you are paying for. Example: I pay for the X1 Blast and Internet Blast Tier a pretty healthy price. Customers should have access if there own equipment is compatible with Xfinity. I am disappointed with this response.