Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xFi app doesn't pause WiFi anymore

New Poster

xFi app doesn't pause WiFi anymore

When I try and pause my children's internet it doesn't pause them anymore. It used to work great and now it doesn't. Please help!

Official Employee

Re: xFi app doesn't pause WiFi anymore

Hi rylohnes, I can take a look into this for you. I will reach out privately. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hi,

I am having the same issues with not being able to control the wi-fi when it comes to my children and any other devices in my house. Both the mobile XFI app and on the website both show devices paused but in fact they are not and the internet is still in use on the "paused" devices. Is there a resolution to this problem which alot of people are having?

New Poster

I have the same problem ever since hurricane Irma. App says devices are paused but they still have internet
Official Employee

Hi bgonsalves35, can you confirm that the devices are remaining connected to your home network while in use? Pause funtionality will not work when a device jumps to the xfinitywifi Hot Spot, cellular data, or any other open WiFi network. 

If they are connecting through your home network, please send me a private message with details on some of the devices that are not pausing (device type, MAC address, etc). This information can be grabbed from xFi - Devices - [select device] - Device Details. 

Thanks!

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hi tres0819, can you confirm that the devices are remaining connected to your home network while in use? Pause funtionality will not work when a device jumps to the xfinitywifi Hot Spot, cellular data, or any other open WiFi network. 

If they are connecting through your home network, please send me a private message with details on some of the devices that are not pausing (device type, MAC address, etc). This information can be grabbed from xFi - Devices - [select device] - Device Details. 

Thanks!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Yes I can com firm that my devices are connected to modem but nothing will pause. Same issue every one is having
Official Employee

Thanks for confirming tres0819. I also receievd your private message as well. I am going to send this off to the team for them to investigate. I will let you know once I have an update. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have the same issue as well. I've even tried putting the devices in "bed time" mode and they still connect. This is causing my internet usage to sky rocket over night because one will start streaming YouTube videos or Netflix and fall asleep. I keep getting overage charges because this supposed pause is suppose to stop these devices from accessing the internet.
New Poster

I am having the same issue. The xfi app and the website don’t pause any device connected to my xfinity gateway. It used to work great but does nothing now. I had to go back to setting device connection schedules on the router itself.