Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xFi app - Upgrade Equipment message

ANSWERED
New Poster

xFi app - Upgrade Equipment message

I just installed my new XB3 but the app keeps telling me I need to upgrade my equipment to use it and when I press Upgrade it says Im already set... Was on with CS for way too long so I just hung up. How do I fix this??
Accepted Solution

Re: xFi app - Upgrade Equipment message

@Greygtg44, the xFi platform is available to Xfinity Internet customers that rent their Gateway from Comcast. The compatible makes and models include the Arris 1682g, Cisco 3941t, Arris 3842g, and Technicolor CGM4140COM.

If you rent one of these Gateways, please send me a Private Message and I can help look into it further. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi SebasC, are you still experiencing this upgrade message when logging into xFi?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having the same problem.

I launch the xfinity xfi app, I get a message that I need to upgrade my equipment.

I click the tab to upgrade and then get a message saying I have the latest equipment.

this is crazy frustrating.  Please help

4CBA2879-9342-42CF-A34B-0875A10AC175.png
Official Employee

@Greygtg44, the xFi platform is available to Xfinity Internet customers that rent their Gateway from Comcast. The compatible makes and models include the Arris 1682g, Cisco 3941t, Arris 3842g, and Technicolor CGM4140COM.

If you rent one of these Gateways, please send me a Private Message and I can help look into it further. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for the reply.

I know you just work for Comcast, but making the Xfi App only available to consumers that rent a modem from Comcast is absolutely ridiculous.  This is why people get so frustrated with Comcast.  First, I don’t see this disclosure anywhere in your ads.  Second, I don’t understand what the difference is between a modem that is rented from Comcast versus a consumer paying for their own modem. It’s is the same modem. We pay so much money a year to have Comcast services....Seems like a pure money grab by Comcast. Again, so frustrating...I keep asking myself why I am paying over $2,000 a year (bill is around $200 a month) for Comcast services. I am sure other people feel the same.   This answer will no doubt play a factor whether I will remain with Comcast. 

Service Expert

@Greygtg44 wrote:

Thank you for the reply.

I know you just work for Comcast, but making the Xfi App only available to consumers that rent a modem from Comcast is absolutely ridiculous.  This is why people get so frustrated with Comcast.  First, I don’t see this disclosure anywhere in your ads.  Second, I don’t understand what the difference is between a modem that is rented from Comcast versus a consumer paying for their own modem. It’s is the same modem. We pay so much money a year to have Comcast services....Seems like a pure money grab by Comcast. Again, so frustrating...I keep asking myself why I am paying over $2,000 a year (bill is around $200 a month) for Comcast services. I am sure other people feel the same.   This answer will no doubt play a factor whether I will remain with Comcast. 

I chose to bypass the Comcast gateway and use my own router that has the same capabilities.  That is an option.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation