Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

xFi  - We need an internet connection. help?

Regular Contributor

xFi  - We need an internet connection. help?

I am connected to my network (wifi) but now the xFi app (android) says:  We need an internet connection.

I try hitting Continue and nothing happens... same message.

This has been an issue before and I just kept trying and it worked. This time I cannot use the app.

I tried uninstall and intstall again and even rebooted the modem.

Thoughts?

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: xFi  - We need an internet connection. help?

Hi desmo907, there was a setting applied in the Android v1.6 of the app that was causing this message to pop. The team has since reverted that setting, but in order to clear it from your app, I suggest going into Settings and under the xFi App, clear out App Data and App Cache. 

Let me know if this does not resolve the issue. 

All Replies
Expert

desmo907 wrote:
I am connected to my network (wifi) but now the xFi app (android) says:  We need an internet connection.

I try hitting Continue and nothing happens... same message.

This has been an issue before and I just kept trying and it worked. This time I cannot use the app.

I tried uninstall and intstall again and even rebooted the modem.

Thoughts?

I have a Samsung tablet and I just connected to my XB3 wi-fi and I was able to use the xFi app.  Check your connection.

Official Employee

Hi desmo907, there was a setting applied in the Android v1.6 of the app that was causing this message to pop. The team has since reverted that setting, but in order to clear it from your app, I suggest going into Settings and under the xFi App, clear out App Data and App Cache. 

Let me know if this does not resolve the issue. 

Regular Contributor

The first person I talked to sent an "update" to my Gateway.

That messed up my Wifi and disconnected my phone.  She called back.

I was then sent to 2nd level help but then disconnected with them.

I called back later and got to them again.

They had no idea what update had been sent byt first person.

They told me to press the little button in the hole) in the back of the Gateway to reset to factory.

That seemed to clear the Wifi issue  caused by whatever "update" was sent and my original issue of the xFi app not connecting is not fixed too.

Thx