Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xFi Issues After New Router Arrived and Configured

New Poster

xFi Issues After New Router Arrived and Configured

I downloaded the xFi app for Android. I logged in using my Xfinity account credentials. The app said I needed new equipment before I could use the xFi features. From within the app I acknowledged I wanted the new equipment shipped. Within days not one but two new routers arrived. I followed all the directions, including disconnecting the old router, and enabled the new router. Cable TV and VoIP phone worked. WIFI signal transmitted on both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks. Devices could log into the networks; however, the internet was down and would not work. After several hours on the phone with several levels of tech support, the internet was properly provisioned on Comcast's side and it began working. 

When attempting to enable the xFi app and logging in with proper credentials, the app again will not go further than saying I need an equipment upgrade. When I acknowledge I need new equipment (even though I don't but there is nothing else I can choose on the app at this time) the system reaches out and comes back with a message that it looks like I already upgraded. At this point when I attempt xFi features I get routed back to the Need New Equipment screen. 

This continuous loop continues even went accessing the Xfinity website (and yes I'm logged in) when I depress the wireless/wifi icon on the top banner of the webpage the computer is directed to a xfinity xFi "Upgrade for This Experience" site.

Therefore, I cannot leverage any of the xFi features and I am very frustrated.

Thank you in advance. 

New Poster

Re: xFi Issues After New Router Arrived and Configured

Ticket CR728xxxxxx now closed. Tech support was able to help.

Official Employee

Re: xFi Issues After New Router Arrived and Configured

Hi dvlassopoulos, I show that your current modem is compatible to use the Xfi app. For more information on compatible equipment and to get started on setting up your Xfi experience please click on this link, if you need further assistance please reach back out to me here. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation