Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

xFi App not working with New Router - Help!!! Super frustrating.

New Poster

xFi App not working with New Router - Help!!! Super frustrating.

I have the latest, greatest new router from Comcast installed. Internet and TV work great, but I can't use the xFI App with the router or access the router via the xfinity website. I need to changed the names and passwords for the two WIFI networks that are working.

When attempting to enable the xFi app and logging in with proper credentials, the app again will not go further than saying I need an equipment upgrade. When I acknowledge I need new equipment (even though I don't but there is nothing else I can choose on the app at this time) the system reaches out and comes back with a message that it looks like I already upgraded. At this point when I attempt xFi features I get routed back to the Need New Equipment screen. 

This continuous loop continues even went accessing the Xfinity website (and yes I'm logged in) when I depress the wireless/wifi icon on the top banner of the webpage the computer is directed to a xfinity xFi "Upgrade for This Experience" site.

Therefore, I cannot leverage any of the xFi features and I am very frustrated. What is the deal with this. Seems to be happening to a lot of people. Someone please help. 

Thank you in advance. 

Official Employee

Re: xFi App not working with New Router - Help!!! Super frustrating.

Hi neilrl!

Thanks for reaching out. I can check to see what's causing this for you on the backend. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.