Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xFi Active Devices

Frequent Visitor

xFi Active Devices

Sometimes when I check on the "devices" tab, it will show a device as active, even though the device has been turned off for a long time. Also, it will show a device as being inactive, even though the device is currently connected and active.
Official Employee

Re: xFi Active Devices

Hi johnb4315, are there specific devices that you see this happening with? Would you be able to provide examples of the type of devices that remain active in xFi after they are turned off?

For the devices remaining inactive in xFi when they are powered on, can you make sure they are connected to the internet through your home network? If they are connected via a hotspot (xfinitywifi) or cellular data then they will show in xFi as inactive. 

If you wish to do this via private message, please feel free to send me a PM with this information and I'd be happy to look into it. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation