Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

xFI does not show my PS4 in device list

New Poster

xFI does not show my PS4 in device list

Trying to add my PS4 to my list of son's devices so I can manage the amount of time he is using them.  When I go into the device list to assign my PS4 does not show up.  I have just about every person who has ever visited our home cell phone name, but no PS4.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no changes.  this is the main device I wanted to control and cannot short of locking up the controllers, which I do not want to do.  Any help would be appreciated.

Expert

Re: xFI does not show my PS4 in device list

jeffdebolt wrote:

Trying to add my PS4 to my list of son's devices so I can manage the amount of time he is using them.  When I go into the device list to assign my PS4 does not show up.  I have just about every person who has ever visited our home cell phone name, but no PS4.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and no changes.  this is the main device I wanted to control and cannot short of locking up the controllers, which I do not want to do.  Any help would be appreciated.

Try changing the wifi band it is using - 2.4 to 5.0 or 5.0 to 2.4.

New Poster

I’m having the same problem.  Did you get a resolution?  Please share..

Tags (2)
Contributor

with xFi and the pods, how can you chose the 2.4 or 5.0?  I do not see that option?  My PS4 will not connect either when xFi is in use

Expert

@Wardman wrote:

with xFi and the pods, how can you chose the 2.4 or 5.0?  I do not see that option?  My PS4 will not connect either when xFi is in use

The PS4 should use the xFi SSID and password.  If you only have one SSID, it will work because the xFi system assigns the right frequency to match the device.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.
Expert

@SoMadAtCutSvc wrote:
I'm having the same problem.

I don't have a PS4 so I can't test xFi.  Are there any unassigned devices and what are the names?