Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"Unidentified Network"

Frequent Visitor

"Unidentified Network"

Hi, I recently upgraded to the Xfinity xFi modem on Monday and for the past two days the connection has dropped. I've noticed this when I try to login to the internet in the morning. My connection will tell me "unidentified network" I call into Comcast, speak the robot and they send a signal to the modem and then it works fine. The next day occurs and same thing in the morning, same error, same call, and same signal sent. Works fine. How can I stop this from happening so I don't need to call comcast every single morning?

Service Expert

Re: "Unidentified Network"

anthonybel1234 wrote:

Hi, I recently upgraded to the Xfinity xFi modem on Monday and for the past two days the connection has dropped. I've noticed this when I try to login to the internet in the morning. My connection will tell me "unidentified network" I call into Comcast, speak the robot and they send a signal to the modem and then it works fine. The next day occurs and same thing in the morning, same error, same call, and same signal sent. Works fine. How can I stop this from happening so I don't need to call comcast every single morning?

My suggestion is that you schedule a tech visit to check the wiring coming into your residence (apartment or home?).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I did have someone come out and look and they said everything looks fine. It's every morning this is occuring. Ridiculous on Comcast, terrible service.

Problem Solver

anthonybel1234 wrote:

Are sure the I.D. name you type in along with password have to be exact. That means upper or lower case, spelling, and spacing.

Have you checked the Comcast site for your account to make sure all information is typed in correctly?

Frequent Visitor

All the information is typed in correctly. Like I said before, the internet works fine after a signal is sent every single morning. It's dropping sometime after 10pm. I don't have any special settings set to where it goes to sleep or anything like that. I never had trouble with the old modem until they sent this new one where the connection drops every night and results in a phone call.

Frequent Visitor

Also, this error is happening on my hard wired desktop to the modem. This is where the unidentified network is occuring.

Problem Solver

anthonybel1234 wrote:

Also, this error is happening on my hard wired desktop to the modem. This is where the unidentified network is occuring.

Are all your devices connected as a Home network for the connection. Using Public connection makes a device invisible. That might prompt the warning.

Frequent Visitor

I only have one device connected as a home network which is my desktop. I just can't figure out as to why it drops connection all together at night.

Official Employee

Hi @anthonybel1234. I have responded to your duplicate post about this located: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Unidentified-Network/m-p/3026875#M270903

Per our Comcast Forum Guidelines , please refrain from creating duplicate posts about the same topic. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation