Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

parental controls too strict

New Poster

parental controls too strict

Hello - for years I have been able to change my DNS servers to OpenDNS FamilyShield (208.67.222.123 and 208.67.220.123) - it is pre-configured to block adult content. I started renting a Comcast XB6 gateway, and you have to use the default DNS servers (75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76).  I enabled parental controls on the xFi app, it works, the only problem is that it is way too strict.  My teenage kids can't watch a lot of YouTube videos that are not age restricted, etc.  If I turn off parental controls - well, that is not good either.  Does anyone know if xFi will be enabled for various age groups in the future?  In a perfect world I would want it to be just like OpenDNS. 

New Poster

Re: parental controls too strict

this is correct, they cannot watch olympic games! fix this!!!

Official Employee

Re: parental controls too strict

Hello all, unfortunately there is no way to personalize your parental controls settings however you can disable to parental controls on your Xfi app and they will be able to watch the Olympics using the Xfinity Stream app. You can learn how to set up parental controls there by clicking on this link

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation