Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

device paused?

New Poster

device paused?

my laptop is on my wireless network, but when I try browsing the internet, I get a screen that says Device Is Paused. However, when I log into myxfi on another device, I do not show any device that are paused. any ideas what I should do?

Official Employee

Re: device paused?

Hello JakesDaddy. I can assist with troubleshooting your xFi issue. Can you please try and reboot your Comcast modem and retest? Please report back the result. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have reset many times and the problem persists.

New Poster

I have the same problem, but with a Fire Stick.  And OF COURSE I have rebooted the Gateway and the device itself several times.

Specifically, the device is connected to WiFi but not connected to the Internet.  A pop up says the device is paused.  In addition to restarting the gateway and the device, I have paused/unpaused the device on the website.  Though the website clearly says the device is not paused, the device says it is paused.

New Poster

Has there been any response to this question? I'm having a nightmare of a time getting devices set up on my WiFi now. A few things that are always on work just fine, but any devices that may connect or disconnect intermittently (i.e. tablets, phones, etc. that are carried away from the house) are continually getting the notice that they are paused when the settings clearly state that they are not. 

Why was this control removed from the router/gateway? 

Official Employee

Hello @JakesDaddy. I would like to review the back end provisioning for your xFi modem to troubleshoot further for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation