Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

cannot locate xfinity outside box

New Poster

cannot locate xfinity outside box

Im trying to go back to Comcast for my Internet, had put an order in for service and a self-install kit. I went up in my attic to try to locate coaxial cable from the outside and seems to have disappeared. Also I looked on house by my utility boxes and Comcast box no longer there as well. I cant even locate a box in my back yard where the cable came in. I see 3 boxes, 1 says GTE, another unmarked and the third is Frontier. I had Comcast when I first moved to my house, then Verizon FIOS, then Comcast, after that was Frontier, who Im currently with. I was told by Frontier after talking to several people that the tech used the Comcast coaxial for my Frontier setup. I was thinking no one but the owner of these boxes was suppose to do anything with the outside boxes and Frontier should fix it and make it right, after all its going to cost me an extra $60 for Comcast tech to come out and fix it. Anyone have some good advice as to what I should do? I spent 5 hours between Frontier and Comcast. Frontier was giving me price quotes at Wal-Mart on coaxial cable. The last quote was for 10 ft....how will that short length get up in attic in my house? I ended conversation by threatening law suite and loss of their job. Comcast just seems charge happy on anything they can charge extra for and wants to charge for a service call. $60 I have a photo of the unmarked, not sure if anyone can tell what carrier it is from(closeup). Any help would be appreciated.Thank you.
20171016_202541.jpg
Official Employee

Re: cannot locate xfinity outside box

Looks like a Comcast tap, is that your address on the tag on that orange cable? If you don't have an orange cable up at your house, a tech has to come out.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

My issue is though, I had service with Comcast, so it should be up to the house. Why would it not be? I also had it going up to the attic and its not there. I can redo the up to attic, but the other has to be a tech and I feel Frontier is the one who messed with this and the ones who should fix it. But trying to get them to fix their mistake is harder than teaching an old dog new tricks. would be easier to win the lottery you know. My thoughts are that they stole Comcasts property and claimed as their own. It wouldnt be a big thing if Frontier wasn't the ones that messed it up and also the $60 could be split say into 2 bills. I appreciate your quick response. I guess I have to try and work this out or cancel service and send kit back. Will see. I wanted a good deal with higher speeds and never had issues with Comcast as I have with Frontier.But had no idea Frontier would take away my Comcast setup to set their service up.

Official Employee

wesleychaplin wrote:

My issue is though, I had service with Comcast, so it should be up to the house. Why would it not be? I also had it going up to the attic and its not there. I can redo the up to attic, but the other has to be a tech and I feel Frontier is the one who messed with this and the ones who should fix it. But trying to get them to fix their mistake is harder than teaching an old dog new tricks. would be easier to win the lottery you know. My thoughts are that they stole Comcasts property and claimed as their own. It wouldnt be a big thing if Frontier wasn't the ones that messed it up and also the $60 could be split say into 2 bills. I appreciate your quick response. I guess I have to try and work this out or cancel service and send kit back. Will see. I wanted a good deal with higher speeds and never had issues with Comcast as I have with Frontier.But had no idea Frontier would take away my Comcast setup to set their service up.

Is there an orange cable (like what shows in your picture) at the house? Is that your address on the cable? you never answered.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I only see an orange cable that hooks to a splitter going to black coaxial that hooks into the Frontier box mounted on my hose next to my electric meter/box.

New Poster

Sorry I forgot to answer the 2. not sure about the address question, it was dark out when I took picture and didnt notice tag until you mentioned it. I can look when I go back home tomorrow evening.

Official Employee

wesleychaplin wrote:

Sorry I forgot to answer the 2. not sure about the address question, it was dark out when I took picture and didnt notice tag until you mentioned it. I can look when I go back home tomorrow evening.

You should still have a tech out to verify one way or the other on exactly what's what.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Yeh. Pretty sad I would need to do that, but I figured that would have to happen. Also sad they charge that much, but that's the way it is. What can you do? ok. Thank you. I appreciate your quick responses.

Official Employee

Hi wesleychaplin,

I can help get a tech out for you. Send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation