Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfi app won't work on S5 and how do I access it on my computer?

ANSWERED
New Poster

Xfi app won't work on S5 and how do I access it on my computer?

I downloaded the Xfinity xFi app twice now and it still gives me the Upgrad Now message. When I choose that, it doesn't respond and then I end up pressing the back button (on phone) to try to get it to do something. I just says checking connection or checking for devices. I restarted my phone a few different times.

Also, I can't figure out how to access xFi on my computer. It also acts like I didn't upgrade yet:

Upgrade for This Experience

To access xFi, you'll need to upgrade your service/equipment. Learn more about eligibility requirements.

I was able to access it on the day I set up the new modem/router, I changed the name and password on it. But now I can't seem to access it.

Thanks

Upgrade Now          

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfi app won't work on S5 and how do I access it on my computer?

Hi Cindy24, sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with the mobile app. I checked your account and you do have an xFi Gateway, it sounds like there may have just been a delay in getting the cloud enabled. Please try completely signing out of and closing down the app on your mobile device and then re-entering the application. 

To access the xFi Website you can follow this link: www.xfinity.com/myxFi. Your login information will be your Xfinity username and password. 

Let me know if you experience any issues with the xFi website.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Cindy24 wrote:

I downloaded the Xfinity xFi app twice now and it still gives me the Upgrad Now message. When I choose that, it doesn't respond and then I end up pressing the back button (on phone) to try to get it to do something. I just says checking connection or checking for devices. I restarted my phone a few different times.

Also, I can't figure out how to access xFi on my computer. It also acts like I didn't upgrade yet:

Upgrade for This Experience

To access xFi, you'll need to upgrade your service/equipment. Learn more about eligibility requirements.

I was able to access it on the day I set up the new modem/router, I changed the name and password on it. But now I can't seem to access it.

Thanks

Upgrade Now          

See if you can go to this web page to manage your gateway's passwords.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/view-change-wifi-password/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi Cindy24, sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with the mobile app. I checked your account and you do have an xFi Gateway, it sounds like there may have just been a delay in getting the cloud enabled. Please try completely signing out of and closing down the app on your mobile device and then re-entering the application. 

To access the xFi Website you can follow this link: www.xfinity.com/myxFi. Your login information will be your Xfinity username and password. 

Let me know if you experience any issues with the xFi website.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation