Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfi Says I need to upgrade..

New Poster

Xfi Says I need to upgrade..

So I have been trying to access my Xfi for the last couple weeks and I've been wanting to set up port forwarding for a gaming server I am setting up but it appearanlty it requries Xfi. I saw others are having similar issues but that we should continue to report them here in the forums. So here I am, this is my report.

I did notice that I recieved a call recently reguarding the tv/hbo service that was availible and the guy I talked to said we would recieve a tv box self-install kit which has not arrived. Also, there appears to be an error in the xfinity websites programming because there is an appointment displayed on my account that says: "A technician will arrive today December 31 between null-null at your service address. Manage appointment"

I have not made an appointment for December 31 (also that is not today), and there is no time displayed, obviously the webpage has no imput for the time because it says "null and null"

My internet service is fully functional somehow still so I have no complaints other than I would like my account to show relevant data and show that my systems are in fact installed (my main account page currantly states that none of my services are installed and shows an error when I try to access them).

I'm looking forward to the day when this issue can be resolved. 

I had one wiring issue that came up and a tech came out last Friday and took care of it so my internet is up to full speed. Glad that was fixed in a timely manner.

Official Employee

Re: Xfi Says I need to upgrade..

Hi KRuger_308,

Thanks for letting us know your internet issues have been resolved. We are aware of some known issues with what is being reported online and are working to get it resolved as soon as possible. As for the port forwarding, please follow this link for steps on how to Set Up Port Forwarding Using XFINITY xFi. I hope this helps, if you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out. 

New Poster

Re: Xfi Says I need to upgrade..

The internet is and shows it connected to the tv but it says to update the t.v. software well no updates are due still can't get Netflix or YouTube any help