Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFi pods

New Poster

XFi pods

Why are these pods only available in certain areas? How do I get these pods in my area. I have terrible WiFi service in my home. Recently received a new updated gateway but have worse service than I had before.... and no pods available in my area. How is this fair? How can I extend my service to my whole house??
Service Expert

Re: XFi pods

@PRB3 wrote:
Why are these pods only available in certain areas? How do I get these pods in my area. I have terrible WiFi service in my home. Recently received a new updated gateway but have worse service than I had before.... and no pods available in my area. How is this fair? How can I extend my service to my whole house??

I couldn't wait for pods so I bought one of the retail mesh systems.  It took some time for me to choose the one I thought would work with my home.  

I don't have any inside information, but it is usually an update to the Comcast infrastructure that keeps new features on a schedule.  If you consider how large the Comcast footprint is, you can imagine they can't just throw a switch and every installation from coast to coast gets updated.  I read an article yesterday about Sprint 5G and it is amazing how much hardware has to be installed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I’ve been in need of extended service for my house forever... very frustrating when I’m paying the same rates as everyone else and they have coverage and I do not. How am I to know what to purchase, this is not in my realm of expertise.
Thanks for your time.
New Poster

Let’s not offer them and promote the pods if they are not available. Since I’ve moved in my house I have terrible service. And I thought I finally had a solution.... but not yet.
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation