Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFi Pods - need Firmware Update

Regular Visitor

XFi Pods - need Firmware Update

I recently purchased XFi Pods and am having the exact problem as noted in the previously answered problem I have copied below.  How can I get the Firmware update pushed to me so I can install these?

Re: Xfinity xFi Pods Now Available in Select Markets
civ4 wrote:

I am facing the same problem. I have a Cisco DPC3941T with Gateway Firmware Version DPC3941_2.7p8s1_PROD_sey. I got 3 XFi pods and get the same error "please try again". I tried from multiple phones. I called Comcast and they said level 2 support will call within 24-48 hours. Is there something that can be done before that by somebody on this forum? I am in the Boston market.

Hi civ4, 

We have pushed an update to your Gateway. At your convenience, please reboot your Gateway twice and then try activating your xFi Pods again.

The Gateway reboot can be done from xFi by going to the Overview section and scrolling down to Troubleshooting > Restart Your Gateway or by going to the Help section and selecting Restart Your Gateway.

Thank you for your patience. 

Official Employee

Re: XFi Pods - need Firmware Update

Oskee1, I have responded to your post in the other Pods forum post - we will push the firmware upgrade today. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Having the same issue after a modem swap, how do I get the manual firmware push? For xfipods
Official Employee

sinisterfiend, the manual firmware upgrade is currently only needed for the Cisco 3941 devices. However, if you recently did a swap and the new Gateway was activated via the xFi App your Pods should have been moved over. If the activation was performed another way and your Pods are not showing on your account, let us know and we will get it sorted out for you. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Im also receiving the need firmware update message spent over a hour with support was told update would be pushed still not working and no call back from support

Official Employee

wrote:

Im also receiving the need firmware update message spent over a hour with support was told update would be pushed still not working and no call back from support

I am going to send this over to our engieering team to work on and I will let you know when the firmware has been pushed to your Gateway.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

wrote:

Apologies for my delayed response, the firmware has been pushed to your Gateway. Please reboot/power-cycle the device twice and then you can try onboarding the pods again. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I also have the same problem. How can I get the firmware pushed?
Contributor

Question - where are you all located?  Trying to install on Philly right now (bought in Boston by friend).

I am knowledgable in networking...  how does Mesh (or the Plume product that Comcast is brinding) configure against which speed (2.4 vs 5Ghz) to access?

Official Employee

@Wardman wrote:

Question - where are you all located?  Trying to install on Philly right now (bought in Boston by friend).

I am knowledgable in networking...  how does Mesh (or the Plume product that Comcast is brinding) configure against which speed (2.4 vs 5Ghz) to access?

To address your second question, both the xFi Gateway and xFi Pods include functionality to broadcast the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks together under 1 name and determine the optimal WiFi connection for client devices, balancing signal strength and congestion of the WiFi network in the home.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I am unable to get the firmware upgrade required to install the pods.  I picked up a new gateway this morning but it still has the old firmware.  Can you push the update to my gateway?

Official Employee

@Tdmiller wrote:

I am unable to get the firmware upgrade required to install the pods.  I picked up a new gateway this morning but it still has the old firmware.  Can you push the update to my gateway?

I have sent yours to the engineering team to get the firmware pushed tonight, I will provide an update when this has been completed.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation