New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XFINITY xFi

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 151 of 160

We have the option to set up multiple sub-accounts in My Account that can be assigned to each of our children.  That is what I had to do.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 152 of 160

And there are tons of standard wireless routers that do the same thing, usually easier, better, and without risking your online security the way this does.  I'm just saying, do the research on the downsides of what this could mean.  If your login details get out for xfinity in any way (share with family, friends, log in from an unsecure location when traveling for streampix, lose phone, people come to your house and get it somehow, whatever way), you have just lost 100% of your security for good.  Anyone could now log in remotely, change yoru passwords, disable your firewall, and open up any ports they want, possibly without you even noticing.  Then they will always have free reign over your computer, can see what you do, remote control it, do whatever insidious things they want behind the scenes.  This is a bad idea.

A personal modem and router are physical and staionary.  You log into it directly from a direct connection.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 153 of 160

I used the pause for my son and it worked great. However when I try to resume his device it is still blocked. I even deleted it and re-added it. It says it is active but when I print the parental control report it confirms it is blocked. I can't unblock it anywhere. Thanks for any advice.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 154 of 160

Anon413731 wrote:

I used the pause for my son and it worked great. However when I try to resume his device it is still blocked. I even deleted it and re-added it. It says it is active but when I print the parental control report it confirms it is blocked. I can't unblock it anywhere. Thanks for any advice.

Did you try the xFi website?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 155 of 160

Anon413731 wrote:

Hi Anon413731,
As RobertWy suggested, if you have been using the mobile app, please try to unpause the device through the xFi website xfinity.com/myxFi.
If the problem persists, let me know and I will send this to our support team for resolution.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 156 of 160

Yes, I have used both the mobile app and the web site. I also ran through all of the troubleshooting tests which say everything is OK. Yet the parental controls report confirms the reality that the device is still blocked.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 157 of 160

Anon413731 wrote:

Yes, I have used both the mobile app and the web site. I also ran through all of the troubleshooting tests which say everything is OK. Yet the parental controls report confirms the reality that the device is still blocked.

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues. It sounds like xFi and the settings in your Gateway may have gotten out of sync. I will get this issue sent to the appropriate team for resolution. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 158 of 160

We have been using xFi since June, it has been very helpful in limiting our kid's device use.  However, in the last approximately 2 weeks it has not worked at all.  It says they are in bedtime mode or it says they are paused, but their is no effect on their devices.  About the time I noticed problems, I also discovered there were some new features.  Also, when I try and manage it from the xfinity website instead of the app, the page cannot load.  

Thanks

Posted by
New Poster

Message 159 of 160

I called CS today to determine bandwidth consumption by device on my home network.  While they failed to tell me about this app, I did eventually discover it on my own.  I've loaded it up on my W10 machine using Chrome and have also installed it on my iPhone.  The interface comes up fine, my devices are listed, functionality seems to be in place for the app to work.  Only problem is that all of my usage graphs are blank.

Is there something I need to do to get real-time and historical 30-day usage retrievable from the router via the app?

I have a DPC3941T gateway, if that makes any difference.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 160 of 160

I've had mine for several months but I don't think there was any history before I started using Xfi.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon