Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY xFi app

ANSWERED
New Poster

XFINITY xFi app

so just found out the XFINITY xFi app was pushed out to my cable box.  comcast is so proud of this app that they just pushed it without asking the consumer if they wanted it on their boxes. when you log into this app it shows EVERYTHING.. usernames and passwords.. this may be OK if you live alone, but if you have children or guests in your house they all have access to this information.  there is no way to lock this app, by pin or password. so if you are maybe punishing your children by cutting off their internet, this app will give them the password to log back in, or maybe now your neighbor can cancel their internet provider and just use your internet for free.  and god forbid you use the same username and password for any other applications like your social media accounts or banking/credit card accounts because it's all there on the app and anyone who has access to your TV will now have access to this information.  How can a company be so neglegant to put an app like this out there without allowing you to limit access by pin or password?  I'm very unhappy with this and am really considering going back to satellite for the my future TV watching.  

Accepted Solution

Re: XFINITY xFi app

Hello @geminip3. We certainly offer a solution for this. 

Please review this link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/xfi-app/

• Access & Navigation
  • To access the xFi app on X1, press the xfinity button on your remote control and select the Apps icon. Next, scroll down to the XFINITY row and select the XFINITY xFi app (if you have Parental Controls enabled for X1 apps, you will be prompted to enter your PIN). The xFi app on X1 provides access to some of the features available through xfinity.com/myxFi and the xFi mobile app, and is organized into three sections: OverviewPeople and Devices.

Also, if you need assistance with setting Parental Controls on your X1 box, please visit this link.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: XFINITY xFi app

Hello @geminip3. We certainly offer a solution for this. 

Please review this link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/xfi-app/

• Access & Navigation
  • To access the xFi app on X1, press the xfinity button on your remote control and select the Apps icon. Next, scroll down to the XFINITY row and select the XFINITY xFi app (if you have Parental Controls enabled for X1 apps, you will be prompted to enter your PIN). The xFi app on X1 provides access to some of the features available through xfinity.com/myxFi and the xFi mobile app, and is organized into three sections: OverviewPeople and Devices.

Also, if you need assistance with setting Parental Controls on your X1 box, please visit this link.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation