Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFI PODS

New Poster

XFI PODS

So I recently purchased the xfi pods, hoping to expand coverage in my home. I originally had the Xb3 technicolor version, and the pods worked great. In the far end of my home I was pulling 110-118 down. 15-18up.
In a matter of 2 weeks, I have swapped my modem to the newer wireless gateway, the arris xb6. These pods have never had so many issues and been so confused.
I received an email first telling me the pods were provisioned for my xb3, they have now unprovisioned them and should reconnect fine. I’m seeing horrible speeds now. 3-10mbps down, and 10 up.
Are the Xfi pods compatible with the Xb6?
Official Employee

Re: XFI PODS

Hi Sccrmnstr, xFi Pods speeds apply just as WiFi speed applies when you aren't connected directly to your modem: You will see faster speeds when connected directly to your modem via ethernet cable. All other WiFi connections via WiFi or router (in this case, the pods) will see varying speeds.

However the drop you mentioned is alarming so I am going to send this over to the team for deeper investigation. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: XFI PODS

Hey @Sccrmnstr

I can take a deeper look into the signals you're getting, in order to access your account, can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation