Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Wi-Fi not pausing

New Poster

Wi-Fi not pausing

I'll pause a device on the xfi app but the devices don't actually get paused and can continue to connect and stream. They are not connected to any other Wi-Fi or mobile network.
Official Employee

Re: Wi-Fi not pausing

Hi keyserS175,  just to confirm are you going through the following selections when pausing:  Devices>select device you want to pause> Pause Device> apply changes> gives green check mark if device paused correctly

Could you also try through these selections and let me know if  you are still experiencing issues:  

People> from the People section, select Pause All for the profile you would like to pause> apply changes> green check mark if correct.

thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have the same exact problem happening. I've paused all devices and the individual device to no avail.
New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Wifi does not pause or go to sleep at bedtime.  Xfi shows the devices as paused or asleep, but there is no effect on the devices.  I have done it as specific devices and also as profiles.  I have used the app as well as from the website on my computer.  None of the devices I have tried to pause have access to cellular data.  They rely completely on wifi.  This has been going on for about two weeks.  It started about the time I noticed some new features on the app.  

I was recommending this feature to friends, but now it is proving completely unreliable and I am in need of another solution.

Frequent Visitor

I think I am having a similar problem. I have paused all devices, its says 0 devices active. But yet my sons phone is doing something between 2 a.m. and on (and I have time locks on too).

Official Employee

Hi PCT9 and cb_kb - can you confirm that these paused devices remain connected to your home WiFi network for the duration of the time the device is paused?

It's possible that these devices could be connecting to the XFINITY hotspot or another unsecured WiFi network to which they would be able to access the internet freely. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I can definitely confirm that my child was connected to the home wifi network. I have disabled the xfinity hotspot and there are no surrounding neighbors with the hotspot. Also, after my child ceased use of the internet (I was keeping an eye on what they were doing while I was trying to disable), the disable finally went through. But that was about an hour after I initially paused the device. Also, after pausing initially, I would go to active devices, and the paused device would show up as active. It sounds like pausing will not break a currently active connection. If so, that's a very undesirable attribute. Also, it seems like pausing all devices is less accurate than pausing the specific device.
New Poster

I can confirm they are on our home wifi, not xfinity wifi.  I can see the activity on the app, and I've looked at the settings on the devices at times seeing it is logged into our home wifi.  They only lose wifi if I unplug the modem/router.

New Poster

Before, if I paused a device or profile, it was nearly immediate.  Now it doesn't pause whether the device is active or inactive.  

New Poster

Same issue here. 

New Poster

Same Issue. Can't pause devices and the sleep time feature always gives a error and says try again. I have tried again so many time and still

The app doesn't work. 

Since app the feature in the router has been removed as well. I can't block in router setting or the sleep feature. 

App needs work. 

Official Employee

Thank you all for confirming. I'm sorry to hear the pause is not working as expected. It sounds like this could be a sync issue and the team is looking into what could be causing it. We will let you know as soon as possible. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Same problem here. Cannot pause any device through app or website. Bedtime settings not working. Shows connected to home network.

New Poster

This feature does not work at all. To market it and advertise that is an unfair and deceptive act and practice under the FTC and Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 93A. Comcast clearly knows it does not work yet they continue to advertise this feature as if it does.
Tags (3)
Official Employee

JS241 wrote:
This feature does not work at all. To market it and advertise that is an unfair and deceptive act and practice under the FTC and Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 93A. Comcast clearly knows it does not work yet they continue to advertise this feature as if it does.

Hi JS241, we are terribly sorry that some of our customers are experiencing this issue. We are working to get it resolved and will provide updates as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we can escalate these issues to our support team so they can run through troubleshooting steps and making sure everything is in sync on the backend. I will take a look into your account and get it escalated appropriately. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Can you give all of us a heads up when this problem is fixed?

Official Employee

We definitely can. We have also sent up each of these issues from the thread for invesitgation. Someone from our care team should be reaching out to confirm the issue and run through troubleshooting steps. 

If you would like the ticket number for your case as reference, please feel free to reach out to me through PM. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am having the same problem.  What a rip off

New Poster

We are having this same exact issue. We pause a profile or an individual device and then we continue to see activity on the device in the app and our son even tells us it's not working and he can still use the internet. It's so frustrating, I guess we'll just go back to changing the wifi password twice a day.
New Poster

Seems the problem still isn't resolved. Started with not working on one of my daughters' devices and has now spread to being useless on all devices. Had to resort to hoarding all the devices at bedtime. Please fix this. Really don't want to buy another router and configure it all myself.
New Poster

Same here. xFi shows paused but both pcs still active on the wifi. Same goes when I try to pause cell phones. Funny thing is I tried pausing my pc which is wired connection and that paused right away, ha. For some reason it doesn't work for wifi. And yes they are connected to our network and not any other.

New Poster

Same here. Very frustrating. So, this has been going on how long, and there’s still no solution?!