Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why xfi unpause from tv

ANSWERED
New Poster

Why xfi unpause from tv

How do I take xfi controls off television?  It doesn't do any good to pause or have bedtime when teen can simply go on xfinity apps page and change ir

Accepted Solution

Re: Why xfi unpause from tv

Hello Qmom. xFi controls cannot be removed from your X1 box, but it can be Parental Control blocked. Here is how:

Lock Access to Content with Application Locks for X1

Application Locks are a new type of content lock that allows you to lock specific applications on X1. This article provides details on how to set up and manage application locks from the Parental Controls menu on XFINITY X1.

X1 users have the ability to individually lock the following applications on X1: Netflix, YouTube, Watchable, My Account, Pandora, Photos, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, xFi, Voicemail, and Home. When an application is locked, you will need to enter yours four-digit Parental Control PIN before you can launch the application.

For instructions on how to set Parental Controls for xFi, click the following: 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Why xfi unpause from tv

Hello Qmom. xFi controls cannot be removed from your X1 box, but it can be Parental Control blocked. Here is how:

Lock Access to Content with Application Locks for X1

Application Locks are a new type of content lock that allows you to lock specific applications on X1. This article provides details on how to set up and manage application locks from the Parental Controls menu on XFINITY X1.

X1 users have the ability to individually lock the following applications on X1: Netflix, YouTube, Watchable, My Account, Pandora, Photos, Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, xFi, Voicemail, and Home. When an application is locked, you will need to enter yours four-digit Parental Control PIN before you can launch the application.

For instructions on how to set Parental Controls for xFi, click the following: 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation