New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

Service Expert

Re: Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

Lelii20 wrote:
When I downloaded the Xfi app I set up some of my devices to bedtime mode to see how it worked. I decided to canceled the bedtime mode. And now every night at the time I had bedtime mode set up to start. My devices still get paused.

I called Comcast today and the tech did a refresh and said everything should be good to go. Well at the same time tonight. Those same devices still paused at the time bedtime mode was set up for. My cellular data usage is starting to go up from unexpected use. Need this fixed asap.

Can you do a complete reset of the Gateway?  There is a reset on the rear of the Gateway; hold it in for at least 30 seconds.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I’m having the same issue. The pause/unpause not working at all.
Official Employee

ByungjoonLee, Have you tried RobertWy's suggestion? What troubleshooting have you done?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

I had xbox1 devices on bedtime mode and changed the times and they should b working but they are not. Im tired of messing with this. If i delete the app will my devices go back to normal or will they still b paused
Service Expert

kerrihaney wrote:
I had xbox1 devices on bedtime mode and changed the times and they should b working but they are not. Im tired of messing with this. If i delete the app will my devices go back to normal or will they still b paused

Don't know, but you might be able to end the pause by pressing the reset button on your gateway.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I, too am having trouble waking up my “family” devices on my account. I needed to use my pc last night after bedtime mode kicked in and can still not wake it up. It is also not registering the time changes I am trying to make for bedtime and wake up.
New Poster

Resetting gateway did not work. Also had a technician refresh the system. That too did not work. Last night they had me disable parental controls. Once again that did not work. This has become beyond frustrating.
New Poster

I am unable to unpause an ipad that has been paused. I tried restarting the Gateway and all other proposed measures. The device is still not unpaused and is essentially useless. Please help.

Service Expert

KS20 wrote:

I am unable to unpause an ipad that has been paused. I tried restarting the Gateway and all other proposed measures. The device is still not unpaused and is essentially useless. Please help.

Did you try removing the SSID and adding it back?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I connected my work laptop to my WiFi and get excellent connection, but when I go to use the internet I get the “this device is paused” warning. In my xFi app, this device is unpaused and no error when I trouble shoot the device. HELP! I want to telework!
New Poster

The bedtime feature does not work and the ability to pause and wake device is not working. I have to reset my cable modem for it to work, but it only works properly for a week. The problem is that I never know when it quits working until I want my kids to go to bed, and then I realize the devices are not i. Bedtime mode. Can someone contact me to fix?
Tags (1)
New Poster

Very Frustrating shows devices that are active as inactive bedtime mode says it worked but doesn’t please help
New Poster

What is bedtime mode?  Where is it?  I’m very dis satisfied with the parental controls on this comcast router device.  IT doesn’t work on some sites like YouTube and some others.

jlmank33 wrote:
I’m having issues pausing & bedtime mode. So far Comcast just keep creating a priority ticket. (I believe that is a total of 4 or 5 outstanding so far). But no on has an answer or can help.

New Poster

I’m having issues pausing & bedtime mode.