Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

Official Employee

Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

We apologize to our xFi customers who have been experiencing issues using the Pause and Bedtime Mode features.  While a number of improvements have been made, there are still a few outstanding issues we need to address to provide you with the best experience possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

If you experience a problem with Pause/UnPause or Bedtime Mode, please continue to report your issues in the xFi Forum. In most instances, once we confirm the details about your xFi Gateway and the device(s) experiencing the issue, we can get it resolved quickly.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: Update on xFi Pause/UnPause and Bedtime Mode Issues

I’m having issues pausing & bedtime mode. So far Comcast just keep creating a priority ticket. (I believe that is a total of 4 or 5 outstanding so far). But no on has an answer or can help.
New Poster

Having this issue. Just realized even though devices indicate they are paused on the xFi app, they are still active.
Frequent Visitor

Upate:

Talked to an level 3 agent, she tried some different things, but was unsuccessful. She schedule a repairmen to come out to check my modem, ect. After getting off my cell phone with her, I noticed that she ended up knocking out my telephone service. Instead off calling back, I just waited for a repairman to come.

The repairman showed up and told me that he has no clue of the xFi app and they do not handle that. But he was able to get my phone fixed (the phone that the level 3 agent messed up) and he said that modem ect. looks good.

Thankfully, I was able to get ahold of Zack from Comcast National Repair. He is getting my repair ticket escalted to Comcast Engineers. He has been in contact with me to make sure things are getting done.

So for anyone having this same trouble, do not give up! Same yourself a lot of time,frustration & aggravation and call the Advance Repair Team <Edited. Not a public info> I have gotten further with them in less than 24 hours than I have in 4 days will the usual customer service!

I will post back Zack's findings & how they fixed it once it is fixed.

Official Employee

Hi, Jenn-Aaron - Please send me names of the affected devices in a private message and I will escalate this issue further. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

While I applaud Comcast on its overall improvement on customer service issues, the fact that they sent an inexperienced contractor was a huge waste of time and money. I’m glad your phone was fixed, but they need to communicate more effectively in order to send competent and trained employees to address the problems. I hope they offered you a credit as well as an apology.
New Poster

Now I can’t even tell what devices are logged onto the WiFi. Before the update I could see the name of the device now it’s just a brand and a number. What a mess up
New Poster

Thid problem continues to occur on my mobile devices. This is extrememly frustrating.

New Poster

I can not get one of our devices UNPAUSED. I’ve tried no less than 10 times. Each time I hit “Unpause this device”, it thinks for a moment then I get the message that it’s been Paused. Every. Single. Time. I’ve logged out of my account and back in again. Nothing helps. Please respond ASAP with a fix as my son uses this iPad for homework.
New Poster

I am having same issue.  Exactly whom do I contact to get it fixed - phone #; e-mail?

Service Expert

dtnjdr wrote:

I am having same issue.  Exactly whom do I contact to get it fixed - phone #; e-mail?

I called 1800comcast.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Pause and bedtime aren't working. Please help!
Official Employee

kkat3m wrote:

Thid problem continues to occur on my mobile devices. This is extrememly frustrating.

kkat3m, if this issue is persisting, I would be happy to assist. Please send me a Private Message with the MAC addresses for the mobile devices having issues (Devices -- Device Details -- MAC Address). 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

MalinaJ wrote:
I can not get one of our devices UNPAUSED. I’ve tried no less than 10 times. Each time I hit “Unpause this device”, it thinks for a moment then I get the message that it’s been Paused. Every. Single. Time. I’ve logged out of my account and back in again. Nothing helps. Please respond ASAP with a fix as my son uses this iPad for homework.

MalinaJ, please send me the MAC address (Device -- Device Details -- MAC Address) for the iPad via Private Message and I would be happy to assist with this. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Robynwright81 wrote:
I'm having the same problem. Pause and bedtime aren't working. Please help!

Robynwright81, please send me a Private Message with the issue and the MAC addresses for some of the devices experiencing issues (Device -- Device Details -- MAC Address) and I would be happy to assist. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hi dtnjdr, have you called 1-800-xfinity to get this issue resolved?

If not and the issue is persisting, please let me know via Private Message and I would be happy to assist. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

We are still having the issue. What do you need to know about the gateway to make it work
New Poster

Devices will not pause on my network when I hit pause.

Are there any steps to remedy this?
Tags (1)
New Poster

My pause features are no longer working. Tested with devices that have no other way of internet access besides the Wi-Fi and when pausing then waiting 10 minutes to take effect the devices still have internet access and are not truly paused.
Official Employee

Ejohnson239 wrote:
Devices will not pause on my network when I hit pause.

Are there any steps to remedy this?

We can definitely take a look into this and work on getting it resolved. Please send me a PM with your Gateway's MAC address and I would be happy to help. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

RMahoney wrote:
My pause features are no longer working. Tested with devices that have no other way of internet access besides the Wi-Fi and when pausing then waiting 10 minutes to take effect the devices still have internet access and are not truly paused.

We can definitely take a look into this and work on getting it resolved. Please send me a PM with your Gateway's MAC address and I would be happy to help. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

This may look odd, but I’m unable to actually post within this forum for some reason, or am just clueless, so I’m just replying to your message.

My xFi app has never worked. I attempt to use it all the time. I have new equipment from Comcast itself & my devices which are current technology, that I’m attempting to pause, never actually pause.

Official Employee

ItsJanelleD00d wrote:

This may look odd, but I’m unable to actually post within this forum for some reason, or am just clueless, so I’m just replying to your message.

My xFi app has never worked. I attempt to use it all the time. I have new equipment from Comcast itself & my devices which are current technology, that I’m attempting to pause, never actually pause.

Hi ItsJanelleD00d, I would be happy to help look into this. Can you please reach out via Private Message by clicking on my name and then Private Message Me. Thanks!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

My pause/unpause and bedtime mode do not work. I've tried on devices to see if it works and it doesn't. No matter what I do, uninstall and reinstall, sign out and back in, refresh, etc NOTHING is working. It was fine at first and now NOTHING.
Regular Visitor

Good morning,

I have been using pause/unpause for my profiles for a number of months and it's worked very well.

Then, last night, a particular device in a group that I pause and unpause daily - an LG TV - is shown as unpaused but will no longer connect. I can toggle pause/unpause and the XFi app shows the change, but the device cannot get to the internet. It shows an IP address and shows active on the Advanced Gateway web interface and the XFi app. I've changed ethernet cables, etc. and it's clearly not the connection. All other connected devices in the profile or in my house are working fine. I can forget the device, re-connect it and it still gets an IP address (the same) but no internet. I believe something is set wrong in the cloud that's keeping it in a paused state. Please help. I'm going to PM the Comcast employee who's been inviting people to send the device MAC and see how that goes.

Brittany I PM'd you with the MAC address of the TV that's "paused" and will give you full credit on here if you can fix this for me! Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Robofam wrote:
My pause/unpause and bedtime mode do not work. I've tried on devices to see if it works and it doesn't. No matter what I do, uninstall and reinstall, sign out and back in, refresh, etc NOTHING is working. It was fine at first and now NOTHING.

Hi Robofam, I have reached out via Private Message. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Here is a shout out to Brittany @ Comcast. As she requested, I PM'd her late on Tuesday night, and by mid-day Wednesday she had communicated with me and personally resolved the issue.

I recommend this to anyone having similar problems.

Thank you Brittany!

New Poster

I am having issues with the bedtime mode.
New Poster

I’m having the same issue. Pause does not work. All our devices still work when paused
New Poster

I am unable able to post so I am having to reply. I can not pause any devices on my network. A week ago it was working but now it is not. I have phones  tablets, computers,  and televisions.  Is the there a fix for this?

Regular Visitor

I can't pause either, although xFi reports it is paused. And it shows activity on the paused devices. I have to unplug the power to the cable modem and shut down EVERYTHING to get the grandkids to do their chores!!,
New Poster

After reviewing the messages on the support forum I realize people are having the same problems I am having (taking up lots of my time).  I had set up my family account several months ago and now all the links seem to have dissappeaed and I can’t tell what devices are logged onto the WiFi. All I see is the brand of the devises and lots of numbers that do not seem to correspond to anything.  I am also having strange issues with the pause/unpause and bedtime mode.  How do I correct these problems?

Service Expert

L66 wrote:

After reviewing the messages on the support forum I realize people are having the same problems I am having (taking up lots of my time).  I had set up my family account several months ago and now all the links seem to have dissappeaed and I can’t tell what devices are logged onto the WiFi. All I see is the brand of the devises and lots of numbers that do not seem to correspond to anything.  I am also having strange issues with the pause/unpause and bedtime mode.  How do I correct these problems?

You might try rebooting your gateway.  Press the reset button for at least 30 seconds.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Considering Comcast is running commercials every day showing how easy it is to pause wifi with the xFi app, you might want to escalate this issue!! Or you should change the commercial to show the lady pulling the power cord to "pause" the internet!
New Poster

I'm having issues with pausing. When I place a device on pause, why can they still access their device. If it is paused I thought it disconnects activity keeping them from accessing anything on the device.
Regular Visitor

I'm getting sick of watching the commercial where the lady "pauses" the internet from her phone. WHAT A LIE!! It is NOT possible with the xFi app. The only way to "pause" the net is to physically unplug the power to the cable modem.
New Poster

I use this feature a lot has it been not working as my son sure would not let me know and I just assumed it was !
New Poster

I'm also having issues with a new device receiving that it is paused and the xFi app is not reflecting that and not updating when pausing/unpausing. I've wasted an entire evening being bounced around to different support people to just be completely misrouted to a security team that has nothing to do with xfi. How can I get my device unpaused or even better yet, how do I completely disable the xfinity xfi tooling? It clearly doesn't work as it's intended. I would really like to just be able to connect a device via an ethernet cable and let it have internet access without having to deal with this broken tool and beta testing it for Comcast.

Service Expert

Bluebomber0987 wrote:

I'm also having issues with a new device receiving that it is paused and the xFi app is not reflecting that and not updating when pausing/unpausing. I've wasted an entire evening being bounced around to different support people to just be completely misrouted to a security team that has nothing to do with xfi. How can I get my device unpaused or even better yet, how do I completely disable the xfinity xfi tooling? It clearly doesn't work as it's intended. I would really like to just be able to connect a device via an ethernet cable and let it have internet access without having to deal with this broken tool and beta testing it for Comcast.

I don't understand this: "I would really like to just be able to connect a device via an ethernet cable and let it have internet access without having to deal with this broken tool and beta testing it for Comcast."

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have an iPad that states it is paused or in bedtime mode but it states in the app that it is not. This has made this device unusable, I need it fixed ASAP.
Admin1

Hello All -- Thank you for reporting your issues with xFi here. Please send me a PM with your account information and device information so I can run support. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

The comcast reps and techs are mad stupid!!!!

Here is how to make it work.

1. Log into your router 10.0.01

2. Drop down the parental control menu

3. Manage Device

4. Enable

Hope this helps

Stupid comcast techs!!

Service Expert

StupidComast wrote:

The comcast reps and techs are mad stupid!!!!

Here is how to make it work.

1. Log into your router 10.0.01

2. Drop down the parental control menu

3. Manage Device

4. Enable

Hope this helps

Stupid comcast techs!!

That doesn't work with my gateway:Parental Controls.jpg

If I go to Managed Devices it directs me to xFi.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

So here is how I fixed my iPad.
I went into the xFi app and created a new profile with all the parental controls and bedtime stuff turned off then moved the device to that profile. I then rebooted the gateway and then rebooted the device and it started working again.
New Poster

I have 1 pc, that can't get out of sleep. We have restarted the modem, we have reinstalled the drivers, we have reinstalled win10, and I know we can connect to other Wi-Fi without problems.

Please fix this ASAP
New Poster

Happening all all my profiles and devices. Terrible because I can't unpause my daughter's cyberschool laptop!!!!
Service Expert

Try doing a reset on the gateway.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Yes, if you are using xFi, 10.0.0.1 will no longer work to log into your modem. Please send me a private message for assistance. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Unable to change bedtime settings from either my mobile device OR desktop. Looks like it is going to work then just goes back to original settings. I cannot even turn off the bedtime settings
New Poster

When I downloaded the Xfi app I set up some of my devices to bedtime mode to see how it worked. I decided to canceled the bedtime mode. And now every night at the time I had bedtime mode set up to start. My devices still get paused.

I called Comcast today and the tech did a refresh and said everything should be good to go. Well at the same time tonight. Those same devices still paused at the time bedtime mode was set up for. My cellular data usage is starting to go up from unexpected use. Need this fixed asap.