Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unknown Devices

New Poster

Unknown Devices

I am on the Xfinity XFI app and it is showing to devices that I have no clue what they are. One says the manufacturer is HonHaiPr and the other is LeteonTe. I have turned on and off all our devices to try and figure it out, but nothing happens. Anyone have any idea what these are or if I should block them?

image1.png
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Unknown Devices

"HonHaiPr" is probably Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., a.k.a. Foxconn -- see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn.

"LiteonTe" is probably Lite-On Technology Corporation -- see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lite-On.

Frequent Visitor

If you google HonHairPr and LiteOnTE you'll gets lots of info (from chips to power chords to blue ray players etc). You could always Pause those devices and see if anyone complains. Then you will know what they are :-)

Regular Visitor

I have similar devices but with about 40 others. The host name for one of them was departed magic. Have you seen that name? I have loads of trouble getting rid of these “new” devices.

New Poster

Foxconn makes chips for Playstation. Maybe you have a Playstation connected via wifi.
New Poster

I figured put what our "Liteon" devise is -- it's an Acer laptop. Interestingly, the power cord, the brick part, says "Liteon" on it.
Hope this helps you.
New Poster

I have the HonHairPR device attached to my WiFi and I do not have a PlayStation. How do we "forget device" by disconnecting it from our home network?

Service Expert

Do you want to forget the device?  It's not clear.  Do you know how to forget a device?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have the same two devices in my list; I’m thinking it may be chips in the Xfinity router? It’s a little concerning, because it shows as transmitting data. All I can think is that it’s pinging my devices? You’d think the app would be able to screen out its own device, so who knows. Since a bunch of us have the same issue I’m leaning towards it being an Xfinity thing.
New Poster

Click on the device, then scroll down, under more info select device details, then forget device. I’m hesitant though, because if it is an Xfinity device, this router barely works as it is.
New Poster

I had a similar HonHaiPr- address.  Under device details, i got the IP address and plugged it into my browser.  It turns out it was my wireless HP Laserjet Printer.

New Poster

I have a HonHaiPR... it is my Brother Printer.

New Poster

How did you get that to work? 

New Poster

It's my Brother printer.

New Poster

Every device name has that weird random-looking 4 characters after the dash. Yours show FBF9 and 6799. Those numbers are not random. They are the last 4 digits of your device’s MAC address. Every device has a unique MAC address. When trying to identify devices, check the MAC addresses. As I connect my devices to the network, I use the MAC address to identify it and give it a good descriptive name and then assign it to a user or category.
New Poster

Excellent idea. Turns out my HonHaiPr s also my HP Laserjet printer.
New Poster

After checking my Device Details page and turning on and off all the devices on my network, I discovered that the LiteonTe devices are the SONY BluRay/DVD players that we have connected, which play DVDs but also connect to the internet to stream Netflix, HULU, Amazon and others.  I would advise checking to see if you have one of these types of players on your network.

New Poster

I have same devices showing up, but we figured out the Liteonte was my husbanfs desktop... still have no clue on the HonHiaPr. Did you ever figure it out?
Regular Visitor

For us that HonHiaPr ended up being my sons PS4.   Haven't figured out what the LiteonTe is linked to yet.  We also have one that keeps popping on and off called SugaElec...  I finally paused it.  Guess we will find out if someone starts complaining.  Smiley Happy

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats