Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Unable to send email on iPhone or iPad with the iOS Mail app when parental control is ON

New Poster

Unable to send email on iPhone or iPad with the iOS Mail app when parental control is ON

I tested this out on xFi: if my iDevice is assigned to a profile that has parental control turned on, I cannot send email using the default Mail app, although receiving mail seems to be work, albeit slower than usual. If I assign my iPhone or iPad to a profile without parental control, it works.

Using another email app such as Outlook for iOS does not seem to have this problem. 

Please advise. I would like to keep the parental control on for these devices but also have the emails working. 

Official Employee

Re: Unable to send email on iPhone or iPad with the iOS Mail app when parental control is ON

@Hankxu008 can you please specify what type of email service you use through the default mail app - Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc?

Official Employee

Re: Unable to send email on iPhone or iPad with the iOS Mail app when parental control is ON

Hankxu008, piggybacking here, Can you also confirm you have the latest iOS update?

New Poster

I use Gmail and Office365. I always update to the latest iOS as soon as possible. 

Official Employee

@Hankxu008, the team implemented a fix on Friday that they believe should have resolved this issue. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues