Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Since the Xfi Update

New Poster

Since the Xfi Update

after comcast updated to xfi the devices in my house that are not phones desktop laptops or tablets have issues being detected ie game systems they wont show up in xfi online and if the system connects through wifi it doesnt connect if it dosent show up in wifi and if i hardwire it, it may connect but has intermitten connection/slow speed issues and even though i can access the internet and other online features on the device xfi shows the device offline or not connected through hardwire. all my devices connected and showed in the modem before the xfi update happen. so ps4 connects hardwired but not wifi now xbox360 connects and shows on wifi but hardwire it shows its not connected but it does access online just runs slow and drops connection making it hard to watch online streaming, other ps3 xbox360 nintendo wii ps4 and xbox one sometimes drop connection or cant connect through wifi the xbox one seems to connect the most often with the least issues out of the 5 console types but it still does drop connection now and then and its not a house wide issue like an outage cause pcs can still connect and use the internet during these times the consoles have issues. i know this may not be well worded but i hope its understandable and has enough info. i also talked to tech support at comcast they also couldnt see my 360 in xfi even though i was surfing the net as they said they couldnt see it hardwired but when i swaped it to wifi they could see it. i never bothed to call them back about any of the other consoles as they couldnt do nothing to address my xbox360 issues so i just had to live with the slow speeds/intermitten connection restarting my online streaming.

New Poster

Re: Since the Xfi Update

i may have found the issue else where i may need to turn in my cisco dpc3941t for an Arris TG3482G seems there was a recall on the cisco

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: Since the Xfi Update

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation