Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: xFI not showing devices

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

I do not use the Xfinity hotspot. I have it disabled and plan to keep it that way! As for the app, yes it has been uninstalled and reinstalled. That is not the issue anyway. I am getting the same on my laptop and desktop!

Accepted Solution

wgd1206, which/how many devices aren't showing? Can you send me your account address and your full name via private message? I'd like to check things out on the back end. 

KenF

View answer in context
Official Employee

wgd1206, which/how many devices aren't showing? Can you send me your account address and your full name via private message? I'd like to check things out on the back end. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I set up profiles, but when I try to assign devices there aren't any there. When I View All Devices it says:

We're loading your devices for the first time. This may take a few minutes.

Your device list will include those currently connected to your home network as well as inactive devices that have connected in the past few months.

And never stops...I let it run for 2 hours and it's still looking.
Regular Visitor

I have same issue. Was this ever resolved?
Frequent Visitor

If you have a wireless extender, your devices, laptop etc will not be picked up. However, if you have a dual band device, it will not see the 2.4 ghz but will see the 5 ghz. I have devices show up on 2.4 ghz between the 2.4 ghz and gateway, but not between the 2.4 ghz extender and wifi laptop. When switched to the 5 ghz the Gateway picks it up. Many people need to use a wifi exterder as it is not possible to place the Gateway in the middle of your house. Hope this helps!

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation