Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Preventing unwanted devices on my xfi

New Poster

Preventing unwanted devices on my xfi

I have been receiving texts on my phone regarding "a new device has connected to your internet" and now, I have a long list of devices on PAUSE. I do not want my internet for Public Use. I chose this somewhere but these unwanted devices keep showing up. My family/friends are all labeled to use my internet and they are the only devices I want to keep tabs on. I tried calling Xfinity but it is impossible to contact another human on that side. Any help/advice is appreciated, thank you for reading. Have a nice day.
Service Expert

Re: Preventing unwanted devices on my xfi

I get those messages when a device i own connects through wifi but I have been able to identify them; some are my TV's some are my family's devices, android and apple.  My printer shows up.  But they are all ones I allow except for "sneaky" wifi devices like home appliances even my weight scale.  As long as you have only given your SSID passwords to your allowed users, you might not have any issue.

Give us some examples of device names you are suspicious of.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hi Robert! These devices are Apple, loads of numbers and other peoples phones......these are not appliances in my home. All my devices have been entered and are labeled on the XFINITY acct. We do not have 25 devices that have not been used.
Official Employee

Hello Chilicookie7, please click on this link to learn how to disable your public Wi-Fi. You can also click on this link for more information on how to manage devices through the Wi-Fi portal. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I have had this same issue! I noticed my WiFi really slow so I looked into it finding several new unknown devices. Changed passwords and names only to find twice as many the next day. I have also called Comcast but was disconnected several times. After many changes, pausing everyone, and no longer broadcasting my network I have only had one new unknown device. I am afraid to use my WiFi and fear I can no longer trust some of my devises .
Contributor

Just how are these people connecting their cellphones without our password. Funny thing is they are never connected more than a few minutes or seconds.
Frequent Visitor

Well Mr.  official employee NOT ONE OF YOUR OPINIONS WORKS FOR BLOCKING ANYTHING AT ALL.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast has no idea on how to fix this. Just like their corrupted email program, Xfinity connect; worthless!
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation