Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Pause / sleep NOT WORKING

Regular Visitor

Pause / sleep NOT WORKING

With SO MANY people reporting issues on the pausing / sleep functionalities not working on XFi, why don't we have an official aknowledgement from Comcast that something is wrong on their side ??  This is a key functionality for me and my family and it is just not working as advertised. The only answers we see are: what is your gateway ? what are your devices? just not serious at all. 

Official Employee

Re: Pause / sleep NOT WORKING

Hi, MonBug - The issue with xFi pause/sleep feature affects a certain amount of customers. We are currently investigating this problem and in order to escalate these issues further - we ask for additional information to troubleshoot each case one by one. If you can send me your name, address, and devices' MACs in a private message - I can submit a request to our Advanced Repair team. 

New Poster

The most annoying part is that all the "fixes" are being done in private messages so we cant see the solution here. @Comcast...PLEASE post a fix here so that we can fix this! This would reduce the 1:1's for you guys and help us all out!

New Poster

I totally agree -- It seems like many (most? all?) people are not having success and that is a key feature if you have kids and want to enforce no screen time (In fact they advertise it)