Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Pause devices not working

New Poster

Pause devices not working

Hi ALl

as many have reported the 'pause devices' feature is not working -- Yes, I've verified that they are not using LTE or another way and I've not shared my password -- I can confirm, 100%, that a device on my network does not actually pause when it's set to pause.

Official Employee

Re: Pause devices not working

Hi loghound. I can assist in troubleshooting the pause devices issue you are experiencing using our XFi service application. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  Pausing devices worked for about 2 days now does not work on any devices.  I have restarted the modem, factory reset the modem, restarted the app, reinstalled the app.  I have been on chat with you guys twice and it's not solved.

Official Employee

@tomreardon57 wrote:

I am having the same issue.  Pausing devices worked for about 2 days now does not work on any devices.  I have restarted the modem, factory reset the modem, restarted the app, reinstalled the app.  I have been on chat with you guys twice and it's not solved.

While we cannot prevent factory resets, they can sometimes cause additional communication issues between your Gateway and xFi. Please send me a private message with the first/last name on the account as well as the service ZIP and I would be happy to create a ticket to have this looked into. Thanks!