Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New XFi Modem Incompatible with Acer Laptop?

New Poster

New XFi Modem Incompatible with Acer Laptop?

We just recently updated our modem through Xfinity to get a faster speed.  Upon installation, it worked on all our cell phones, my daughters Asus laptops, and my husband's HP laptop.  The next day I went to open our network on my Acer laptop and it loads for a few seconds, then my computer goes into a "Sorry, we seem to be having issues" blue screen of death.  I have forgotten the network and opened with the Xfinity public wifi and it is working completely fine, the issue only seems to be with our private home network.  What could be causing this issue and how can I resolve it so that I am not forced to purchase a new laptop when this one is fairly new?

I have factory reset my laptop twice thinking it was the LAN Adapter, but even updating and reinstalling that hasn't fixed the issue. 

Thanks,

Shay

New Poster

Re: New XFi Modem Incompatible with Acer Laptop?

Finally got windows to diagnose the problem but this is all I got:

Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding
Detected
Detected
Contact your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)
Completed
Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (DNS server). The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarily unavailable.
Service Expert

Re: New XFi Modem Incompatible with Acer Laptop?

Try pressing the reset button on the rear of the gateway or just pull the plug and plug it back in.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation