Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

HTC and Kindle are not seeing the WiFi network. iPad, Tv and everything else working.

New Poster

HTC and Kindle are not seeing the WiFi network. iPad, Tv and everything else working.

My Mom’s HTC Galaxy and Kindle Fire don’t seem to see the WiFi network, when everything else does. I have tried rebooting and doing a WPS push”. I could use some suggestions. The gateway is located in the center of the house and it is not working, with the devices mentioned, even when standing directly in front of it.
Official Employee

Re: HTC and Kindle are not seeing the WiFi network. iPad, Tv and everything else working.

Hello Missmonapenny, do you see any other networks that you can connect to? Are you having issues connecting to an Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspot or are you having issues connecting to your home network? 

New Poster

Re: HTC and Kindle are not seeing the WiFi network. iPad, Tv and everything else working.

The devices are not seeing my home network. I have rebooted the system. I have moved the Gateway to a different spot. I have tried adding the name manually. Everything else is working...Amazon Echo, iPad, iPhone, TV. However, the HTC Galaxy and the Kindle fire do not see the network and don't seem to be able to connect to the WiFi. They connect to other networks.