Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Device Paused/Bedtime Mode

New Poster

Device Paused/Bedtime Mode

I just set up a new xfinity modem/router for a home network last night, and I'm having problems connecting with one device. Setup went fine as far as setting an SSID/password, and I can connect with an iPhone and 2 laptops but when I try to connect on my android device I get the "This device has been paused or is in Bedtime Mode." message screen. I can access the xfi controls from the same phone with wifi turned off, or with the other devices and it shows that nothing is paused. This problem persists even after resetting the modem and restarting the phone.

Service Expert

Re: Device Paused/Bedtime Mode

Did you try "forgetting" the device and then resetting the modem?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you, I tried this just now and then also restarted my phone before attempting to connect. However, now when trying to connect I'm getting a "Sign in to Wi-Fi network" redirect like I would on a network with a captive portal, but it redirects me to a page that 404's. Xfi shows the device is connected but I still can't load anything on the phone while connected to wi-fi.

Official Employee

@jdpi wrote:

Thank you, I tried this just now and then also restarted my phone before attempting to connect. However, now when trying to connect I'm getting a "Sign in to Wi-Fi network" redirect like I would on a network with a captive portal, but it redirects me to a page that 404's. Xfi shows the device is connected but I still can't load anything on the phone while connected to wi-fi.

If you are still having trouble getting this device to connect to your home network, please send me a private message with the device's MAC address and I will look into it for you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hello, I am having the exact same problem for the past two weeks.  Previously that same device was working fine. I tried private messaging Brittany but was not able to. Any help is appreciated

Official Employee

@apontejose wrote:

Hello, I am having the exact same problem for the past two weeks.  Previously that same device was working fine. I tried private messaging Brittany but was not able to. Any help is appreciated

A public post is required prior to your ability to private messaging being enabled, however I would be happy to help out. Can you try private messaging me again and provide the MAC address for the device having issues as well as your service address for verification. Thanks!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation