Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Data overusage

New Poster

Data overusage

I am so frustrated. I called to find out why we over our data usage for the month and it took four useless conversations so that I had to ask for a supervisor who told me to use xFi to monitor connecting devices. But I had already been told to change my passwords. So now I can't see what devices could have been connecting in the past few hours since they no longer have access with the password change. 

Expert

Re: Data overusage

Those devices will have to be changed to use the new password.

New Poster

Thanks. I know that. I wasn't clear. I wish they had told me about xFi, before I changed passwords so I could have looked at which devices were connecting over the past 24 hours and using so much data. Poor customer service because I had to ask for a supervisor to get help, after speaking to four people who couldn't help me with a solution. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Good Afternoon, how is your data usage looking now? If you're still seeing it as very high, I can assist you. Please send me a private message with your full name and account number by clicking on my name and then "private message me" and we can get started. 

Contributor

You can check the data usage by each windows 10 computer yourself and find out if any specific computer and program on your network are using a lot of data.  Here is a primer on how to do that: 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-monitor-network-usage-your-windows-10-devices

I checked several of the computers on my home network and was able to identify several computers that appear to be using a ton of data.  if you can do the same, you MAY be able to make changes on those specific computers and resolve the problem.