Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DHCP Reservations

ANSWERED
New Poster

DHCP Reservations

I just switched to an xFi gateway; I can't find any way to configure DHCP reservations, like I was able to do with my old gateway.

There appears to be no such option on the web portal and when I log in to the gateway locally, it logs me out when I try to navigate to 'Connected Devices'. I saw a note somwhere that once you use the portal, you can no longer configure the gateway directly.

I need reserved DHCP so I can connect between devices within my network with well-known IP Addresses. I don't want to visit the portal to find out an IP Address before connecting to a device, and I don't want to have to configure each device with a static IP address. DHCP reservations provide the best of both worlds - simple device configuration but those devices being accessible with known addresses.

I realize you are attempting to make things easy for average users but you should not take away functionality from expert users who understand what they are doing.

The portal really needs this feature.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: DHCP Reservations

Never mind; I was able to log onto my gateway; not sure why it was bouncing me off this morning.

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: DHCP Reservations

Never mind; I was able to log onto my gateway; not sure why it was bouncing me off this morning.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation