members

online now

discussions

Close an Existing Port In XFI

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

Hello! Today I needed to open a port so I could create a server for a game. When I went to open the port, I was greeted with the message "We're Having Some Difficulty These port settings are already in use by another device." This seems normal as I had done opened the port in the past for the same reason but I had messed up in the past. The only difference from then to now is all of my port forwarding is now done through the new XFI system. Since it is using the new system none of my old port configurations show up anymore causing this to be an alarming issue for me.  If anyone could instruct me on how to either close a previously open port when it won't show up, or if it is possible to revert back to the old system it would be deeply appreciated.

4 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 5

Xfinity/Comcast seem to be ducking this issue, neither your post or mine have been answered and I am still awaiting a call from tech support - 5 days and counting...

Thinking of cutting the chord and signing up with Ting fibre-optic Internet service....

Posted by
Official Employee
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 3 of 5

SimonG1 wrote:

Xfinity/Comcast seem to be ducking this issue, neither your post or mine have been answered and I am still awaiting a call from tech support - 5 days and counting...

Thinking of cutting the chord and signing up with Ting fibre-optic Internet service....

DAnthony1 wrote:

Hello! Today I needed to open a port so I could create a server for a game. When I went to open the port, I was greeted with the message "We're Having Some Difficulty These port settings are already in use by another device." This seems normal as I had done opened the port in the past for the same reason but I had messed up in the past. The only difference from then to now is all of my port forwarding is now done through the new XFI system. Since it is using the new system none of my old port configurations show up anymore causing this to be an alarming issue for me.  If anyone could instruct me on how to either close a previously open port when it won't show up, or if it is possible to revert back to the old system it would be deeply appreciated.

Hello!

Very sorry to hear of the issue you both are experiencing managing port forwards that you had previously set up. Your issues have been forwarded to the team that can best assist, and they should be getting in touch with both of you directly. I'll also be sure to follow up to make sure this was resolved. We'll get this sorted out!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 4 of 5

DAnthony1 wrote:

Hello! The team has said that in order to resolve this issue, you simply need to do a factory reset of the Gateway and all settings will be cleared so you can start new. Can you please factory reset your device and let us know if this resolves your issue?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 5

SimonG1 wrote:

Hello! The team has said that in order to resolve this issue, you simply need to do a factory reset of the Gateway and all settings will be cleared so you can start new. Can you please factory reset your device and let us know if this resolves your issue?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.