Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't see data usage...

ANSWERED
New Poster

Can't see data usage...

I just upgraded my modem today, but now I cannot not see any data usage for individual devices. This is very important to me as I have many devices on my network that I need to monitor for over usage issues. Please let me know how I can resolve this quickly.

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't see data usage...

Hi, it is now populating.  The 24 hour monitor was the part that was missing but it seems to have corrected itself.  Thank you.

View answer in context
New Poster

I'm having the same issue.  No new equipment.  Same Arris Gateway but suddenly yesterday, I can only see what devices are on the home network but not what their usage is.

Service Expert

I don't know whether this answers your question, but there is a More tab and if you explore it you will find a data usage at the bottom.

This is true for both the app and the xFi website.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

HunterMiley wrote:

I just upgraded my modem today, but now I cannot not see any data usage for individual devices. This is very important to me as I have many devices on my network that I need to monitor for over usage issues. Please let me know how I can resolve this quickly.

HunterMiley, ithe activity graphs in xFi will begin to populate from the time you activated your new equipment. The 24 hour graphs for each device have likely began to start tracking usage and you should be able to see this in xFi. The 30 day Network Activity graphs will accumulate over time, but it may take another day or two before you start seeing the graphs change. 

As RobertWy has mentioned, you can also view your monthly total data usage by going into More, Advanced Settings and then scrolling down to Data Usage. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Meredith2 wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  No new equipment.  Same Arris Gateway but suddenly yesterday, I can only see what devices are on the home network but not what their usage is.

Meredith2, once you select a Device, you should see both a 24 hour activity graph as well as a 30 day network activity graph. Can you clarify which graph you are no longer seeing populated? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hi, it is now populating.  The 24 hour monitor was the part that was missing but it seems to have corrected itself.  Thank you.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation